Saturday, October 17, 2020

Five More Friday

 I took five more cats up to be fixed Friday.  Easy round up really, as I needed it to be, since I meant to trap 16 at the Lebanon colony this morning.

The load Friday included two from the RV park, two boys from Waterloo and a girl from Millersburg.

I drove them up early Friday morning while it was still dark.  Unfortunately, right after the freeway turned to three lanes, while in the fast lane, with cars in the right lane and a concrete barrier on the left, suddenly I see a full tire laid out in the middle of the lane.  It loomed in a split second out of the dark.  My only option to survive was to straddle it, which I did.  However, it caught the rear bumper and took half of that off.  

My rear bumper would have become road trash also but it held on by one bolt.  I could hear it dragging and hit the brakes, slowing to under 40 and unsure if my car had sustained other damage besides whatever was dragging.  Cars honked in outrage as I tried to get over to the slow lane and was going slow.  You'd think people would have a little niceness.   I could not pull to the side of the freeway when I got to the right in that location as there is a very narrow area off the rushing traffic and that would have been fatal too.

So I drove super slow with my flashers on and fuck those folks giving me hell for it.  One trucker laid on his horn in protest and I laid on my little horn right back.   I got off next exit, found a parking lot, cursing up a storm over assholes leaving junk in the road, found the pliers in my car side pocket and laboriously turned that one bolt with needle nose pliers in one hand, flashlight in the other, til I freed the half of the bumper and threw it in the back of the car and headed off to the clinic, hoping I wouldn't be too late.

The clips are gone and many clip holders broken so it won't be an easy fix and is just one more thing.


I was lucky to survive that really.

Max, a black teen from the Sweet Home RV park

Tigress, a brown tabby female teen, from the Sweet Home RV park


Arlo, a boy from Waterloo
Con, another Waterloo boy


Shimmy, a girl from Millersburg

I drove them all back to their caretakers yesterday evening, so I could prepare for this morning.  I would need the traps they were in.

Today I checked my mail and became agitated.   Another letter from my insurance company I guess, or the hospital.  They are all run and owned by the same company--the hospital, the doctors clinics, the MRI department, and even my insurance is through them, under a HMO they run. So I can't figure out why one, the hospital, owned by Good Sam, would claim my insurance, also through Good Sam, would be telling me if my insurance (Good Sam 3, we'll call them) doesn't pay them (Good Sam 1) for the MRI I had at Good Sam 2, within 30 days, I'll have to cough up.  The letter was dated October 8, but I only got it today.   Along with a zillion more heavy paper full color political attack ads from some guy trying to steal the House Rep seat from another.   I swear I must have received 25 of those one sheet heavy duty paper full color pieces of propaganda from that one campaign until I want to vomit.

Anyhow, its been hard to concentrate since the threatening letter about the MRI bill.  That MRI was preapproved by Good Sam 3 (the insurance part of Good Sam).  I couldn't have it til it was.  And now suddenly Good Sam 1 (the hospital) is trying to charge me.  It makes my head spin but I also it seems like the Twilight Zone and I want to laugh at them and say "You're all the same company, don't you get it?"  But apparently they don't get it nor would they find it funny, I bet, if I blurted that out, but to me, it seems nuts.

I trapped 13 of the adult cats needing fixed this morning and later got three more.   They'll be fixed tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. I really, really wish that the world would pump research money (and lots of it) into finding a cure for arsewipes.
    And hope that your medical/insurance arms of the company learn to talk to each other. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:56 AM

    Not much point to at blasting your car horn at a truck horn. Stay calm and focused but rather unlucky for you to hit the tyre. Maybe a retread that has come off a truck.
    I can't pretend to understand your medical system and how it works or doesn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running over that tire sounds very scary. I'm glad that it wasn't worse, but sorry that now you have to deal with the bumper.

    I have faith that the insurance will get sorted out and you won't have to pay. However, it may take some effort to make that happen. I have had more than one instance like yours and after some effort it was all resolved. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What rotten luck! And that folks would be angry at *you* is mind blowing. I'm glad you are okay and sincerely hope the MRI situation gets worked out somehow. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Back to 7-11

 I already have 3 cats here, waiting for placement from 7-11, with Silverton Cat Rescue barn cat program. The two girls--Eleven and Petunia,...