Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Last Kitten and the Big Boys

I did catch that last kitten, up at the colony yesterday.

And I caught one of the remaining big boys.  He's all black, a tremendous fighter and I named him Cupcake for the records and he was neutered today at a rather large cost at a private clinic.  That's what its come to around here.  There are so few spay neuter options.  Its desperation time.

I thought there were only two really big guys--both black.  Then the younger milder long hair gray tux. Who still needed caught and fixed up there.

Cupcake was adult number 18 to be fixed from the colony while the little muted calico was the 25th kitten removed.

But today, when up there to try for the gray tux and the last big black boy, I saw this buff tux boy come up.   He's really beat up so I caught him.  I'd already caught the last big black boy.  I named the last big huge black male Pepe and the buff tux boy Mr. Sunshine.  But the gray tux boy will have to wait to get caught for neuter.

Selena from Meow Village had already agreed to take that last little girl kitten.  I had seen her nursing on fixed female Cinnamon a few days ago.   So Monday after catching her and Cupcake I took her up to Meow Village.

Seeing this a few days ago, is why I took to going after another kitten.

Selena sent me this video of her today.


Here's Cupcake, who was neutered today:

Cupcake
 Here are the two big boys waiting to be neutered:

Mr. Sunshine

Pepe, the last big guy out there.  I think.  
Well, you know, there is never a shortage of cats needing fixed.  As you may have guessed.  Not around these parts.

8 comments:

  1. Never, ever a shortage - despite all your work. Which is sad, and bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, and I have a car load today to take up to McMinnville to be fixed.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Mr. Sunshine’s little face!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Sunshine's male smell can make my eyes water.

      Delete
  3. I loved that you named the feisty male, Mr. Cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping he will get sweeter as time goes on. I released him yesterday and he was Mr. Obnoxious, not Mr. Cupcake, strutting around, catching on pee marking, snarling at the other cats who tried to avoid him like the plague he still is but hopefully soon won't be, as his hormones diminish.

      Delete
  4. That video is heartwarming. Thank you for sharing. I think we all needed that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...