Monday, March 02, 2020

Felix

Karen took Felix from Cascadia to OHS Friday.

He was adopted immediately.  I knew he would be, he's such a love.

I've got to now go check out a stray in an apartment complex for Karen's next "save" project.

We don't have any options here for strays, so its quite wonderful to get them up there where they will get homes.

Allegedly this little stray had kittens, probably under the building, but nobody found them.  Some man put her in his place as a kindness while it was pouring rain, for two days, not knowing she'd just had kittens, and that's probably when they died.  Anyhow, she no longer has milk and wanders around crying the woman said who called.   She'll get pregnant again if I don't go get her and hopefully she'll be plenty tame enough to get a good home.

Like Felix did.

And by the way, here's Ozzie, from the park, now waiting on a home at Heartland Humane.

Animal ID43908902 
SpeciesRabbit 
BreedHotot/Rabbit 
Age
GenderMale 
SizeSmall 
ColorWhite/Black 
DeclawedNo 
HousetrainedUnknown 
SiteHeartland Humane Society 
Location"Ahare Village" 
Intake Date2/26/2020 
I don't have my usual reservations today.  The clinic is closed.   I still have one male to take to be fixed from the Albany household that had seven unfixed cats.   The big male still left at the Egg Place.  One more male at the Waterloo residential place.  One at the Cascadia camp where Felix came from and then another around the corner somewhere, whom I'll have to track down and catch.  But getting those two Cascadia boys done means an entire road has no unfixed cats there which would feel good to have done.

I had a mammogram early last week.  Usually my doctors office calls to let me know results like the same day.  Or the next.  Nothing though this year.  No letter from the mammogram place, no call from doctors office.  I don't know whether to worry or just think its more disorganization.  Usually if something looks bad they call you right back in, so I don't feel that worried over it.

I've had many friends with breast cancer, some struggling now with it.  It's an ugly awful disease that strikes far too many women, some now very young at diagnosis.

I guess I should update on my elbow.  I did drain out the fluid again, after two weeks of wrapping it tight. Actually I used a very small sock.  I cut off the toe of the sock and pulled it up over my elbow.  It was very tight and did a good job.  I also used both hydrocortizone ointment and aspercreme on it.  Then I finally drained it and afterwards wrapped it extremely tight with an ace bandage, so that the fluid would have great difficulty accumulating against that force.  And that worked and it didn't come back.  My elbow is slightly enlarged though, the bone part and I wonder if I had chipped a bone or something but I'll never know and just hope its ok.

It has been such a relief to be free of that bad tooth.  It is very difficult to chew anything now, having so few teeth that chew left on either upper side and the hole where the molar was still being sore on the one side.  But I get that partial denture in another ten days then I can chew again.  I'm excited!

6 comments:

  1. I am lucky that I have all my teeth, so I don't know what it's like to eat with some missing. However, I'll always remember and wonder about the woman I saw with only two forward teeth happily chewing gum. I guess the chewing gum is soft, so it worked better than a lot of other things in her mouth.

    I hope you elbow continues to cooperate. You are one resourceful person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can still chew gum. I don't do so often but I have been now and then. I can eat soft things easily enough, its just chewy things that get stuck in holes that are difficult. No more apple eating either and I love apples.

      Delete
  2. I am glad your elbow is much better (no thanks to the doctors). I am sure you are looking forward to being able to chew again.
    Hooray for Felix, and good luck to you and that poor mama cat. I hope you catch her easily and she is on her way to a better life quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go over to the complex as they did not return calls. And found her, in a guys apartment, along with her three kittens, who never did die and had been with the guy in his closet for some time. He doesn't want them, but turns out a local rescue got a call from them also, then didn't return calls to them either, but they were already lined up to take them and will tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Oh! Please, please, please reach out for the results of your mammogram. A lack of notification resulted in my mother-in-law's painful death when it spread. :( She and her two oldest sons hid this knowledge from the youngest (my husband) but was already suffering when we married in June of 1997. We lost her a year later and I keep vigilant in her honor. Take care of yourself, my dear. ~hugs~ Best wishes on your overall health and well-being. Finally, hurray for successful adoptions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have received no letter and no call on the mammo, but I had left a request for notification on mychart. I got no call but suddenly the results were uploaded to mychart and they are negative. It's too bad with all the new technology that the patient has been forgotten in it all.

      Delete

Rain and A Fire in Lebanon

 Rain is back.   At least it came back off and on today, although it wasn't supposed to.   Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, albeit quite...