Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Meet Q

Got him.  My little night river cat visitor from out in the wilds.  The one who crept up behind my car on that long cold night out there at milepost unknown trying to catch him.  I'd even left my car door open that night, for a time, hoping he'd crawl in, make it easy on him and me, and keep me warm and company. Nope, not that night. 

Yeah I kept at it, with others.

A Holly woman went up and removed food a Sweet Home woman had put out for him the day after I spent the night out there.

I built this trap cover, since we're supposed to have tremendous rain, stuck a trap in it and took it up last evening, set it.  I had to drag that thing way up into the woods.  After I got back to my car,  and it was already pitch dark, I heard a strange sound up in the woods.  A minute later, another sound down behind me.  For a moment I thought "uh oh, maybe I woke a cougar."  But then I thought "Ohh, someone is very happy to see a human show up."

Because by 8:00 p.m. that night, he was caught.  Sweet Home lady went up to check and there he was.

He's tame and young and not neutered.  His teeth are clean and perfect and also young.   Unlike mine.  Another story.

He's in my bathroom now.  I'm trying to get him shelter placement but nobody wants him since Christmas is close and he's not neutered.

He's yowling, because he wants out, rolling around, playing, eating, bouncing for joy, and lap hugging when I go in.  He's playful fun loving and loving.  So how'd he end up way way out in the middle of absolutely nowhere on his own?  Hell if I know.  All I know is now he's fine and safe.

This is Q!

Personality Plus.

10 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL news.
    And, in other news. Your email refuses to accept messages from me at the moment (I can accept emails from you, but not reply or send any). My friend gave me some more bookmarks, and I posted one to you this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful! I wonder why on my email. Half the time the emails I hope to get, I find later in spam. Its a little useless. That will be wonderful to get one. I have something to send you and I just keep not doing it. No excuses.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:15 AM

    Another tick. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, he's the sweetest boy, very fun loving too, not very old either, maybe two. And nobody seems to be looking for him.

      Delete
  3. If I weren't so far away, and already full up with elderly cats, I'd take Q in a minute. I'm glad you got him. He's going to make someone a great pet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would love him, L and L, he's awesome, fun, loving, everything you would want in a cat companion.

      Delete
  4. Great job - a Christmas miracle !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and so happy he went in a trap finally.

      Delete
  5. What a doll. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...