Thursday, November 14, 2019

Last Minute Trip to Coast Clinic

The clinic had a cancellation, thank goodness.  I called on Tuesday, hoping, and they asked if I could come today.  I said "I'll be there".  So off we went, Haley and I, left at 4:30 a.m.

Didn't get home until 7:30 though, due to getting hung up an hour and a half in Portland congestion.

Haley had all remaining teeth pulled--steroid and antibiotic injections, pain meds, and wormer.

She should feel much better soon.

It's off to bed for me.  Haley already beat me to it. She's sound asleep with her friends.

This was what Haley looked like last few days.  She's wild so I can't check her mouth out.  Before that, she stuck her tongue out, which is why I'd made the first available appointment for her, but that was end of December. When she started drooling bloody pus, I started calling the clinic, and they had an opening!!!! 
Haley and I waiting at the clinic for the vet consult.


On the ride home, she ate a bit, then slept.
I am extremely grateful to that clinic for helping her out!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:44 AM

    Big trip for you and a good outcome. Can you not avoid Portland? Stupid question really as you would if you could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could drive down the coast highway, then cut across to Salem. While its a pretty drive, it takes much longer, due to the winding two lane nature of that road.

      Delete
    2. I have come home that way twice, however. The best solution is to stay overnight, or stay a few hours longer and be going through Portland after 9:00 p.m. or mid day, if I stayed the night. I've done it that way too.

      Delete
    3. Winding, two lane roads pose their own danger. Too bad we never got those promised flying cars. ~sigh~ Then again, they would have safety issues, too. Thank you for taking such care of these precious animals.

      Delete
  2. Haley is going to wake up as a new cat. So happy for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll have pain for a week or so, but her pain meds should last another couple days at least. Then yes, she will be so much better off.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like she feels a bit better all ready. Purrs !

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...