Sunday, October 27, 2019

End of Year Photos

The cats here grow older each year.

Big surprise, eh?  So do I.

It seems like only yesterday I trapped those cats at the trailer making place in town. They were supposed to be able to return and be fed but once I trapped them, the place refused to take them back and said they would not be fed if I did.

Oh boy.

It was a horror then, a frantic heart pounding, what do I do with them horror.  So here they stayed.  Soon I noticed the drooling from many of them. All had lousy rotten teeth.  No doubt from starving pretty much from birth.  I began the fundraisers to get them dental care.  One by one I got them in.  It's when I found the coast clinic.  Otherwise I could never have afforded to get them all in.

They were all fixed by February 2011.   Two of them were just under a year old--Sassy and Alexi, whose guessed birthdays I put in June of 2010.  The rest were older but how old, I don't know.  I'd guess six of them are between 11 and 13, then Sassy and Alexi are about 10 or soon to be.

Not young anymore, none of them.  How time flies.  Sassy just went in a few months back for yet another dental.   Haley and Alexi need to go back in too.

Well here they are as old cats now.  None of them will be with me too much longer.  Tilly, the 9th, died this last year, of a sudden saddle clot.

They're happy here and have been happy for a long time.

Rogue, the only boy

Raindrop, one of the oldest 
Misty, the funniest, along with Stiletto


Haley too is one of the older girls, probably about 13

Cougie, another elderly female

Stiletto, funny, cute and very active

Alexi, who is next in line to return for another check of her teeth, along with Haley

Lastly Sassy, who has oodles of personality and recently had yet another dental cleaning with a few extractions
It's been tough to keep these kitties healthy with their dental issues.  Vet costs are high.  They won't be with me much longer.   They've been so happy living their lives out here.  All remain feral however.   That's ok.  I love them.

Today I need to round up 12 cats for tomorrow's clinic.  I didn't start yesterday.  I usually do but I was lazy and still recovering from last week, to be honest.  But now I better get a move on. 

7 comments:

  1. They look totally contented - which is lovely.
    I am an old girl myself, but not nearly as pretty as these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, EC? Yeah, been feeling my own age lately and need to get a plan in place for when I die, if I have cats left. Kate who adopted Tim and Charlie, has pledged to come down and help with the cats, in that event.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:11 PM

    I ma surprised they are still feral after being with you for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, once I turn them loose in Disneyland here, with all the places they can go, from two garage rooms, to the cat yard, anyhow, although they will sniff my hand they don't sleep on my lap or bed.

      Delete
  3. They all look healthy and happy. You have given them a very, good, long life. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are healthy and happy, thanks for noticing!

      Delete
  4. You are such a wonderful caregiver. ~hugs~ Beautiful darlings, all.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday

 Sunday I was so slow getting going after the late night Saturday. But after cleaning litterboxes, giving KMR to kittens, feeding the ferals...