Thursday, October 03, 2019

Days of Blah

I'm still worn out from last week.  I haven't even cleaned the traps I used Monday.

I won't complain this post, like I did the last one.  I was just in a mood.  I get those, where everything seems bleak and impossible.

My brother is back home.  He went home from the rehab place today, after having a stroke a couple weeks ago.   I think he still can only walk with a walker, but I'm not sure.  I bet he gets better.

It's time to be happy and celebrate he even survived.

I love my brothers and their families and wish I could see both more often.  Idaho seems a world away to me.   It would take a day to drive there.  Which may not seem like too much but I'm never certain of my car anywhere and have back and shoulder issues if I drive for more than a few hours now.  I would love to visit him and his wife, but I probably won't try it in the winter.  Central and Eastern Oregon are already seeing snow.  I'll see how my car is and how I am, next spring or summer.  Maybe I can drive over then, camp out along the way so the drive isn't so long each day.

One day maybe I'll fly over to see him.  For that reason I read up on the new Real ID's that will be needed to fly after October of next year.  They have not been rolled out in Oregon. We're about the last state needing to do that.  They won't be available here until July of next summer, which isn't much of a window for getting one if you want to fly in October.  I'm not very worried about that.  I can count on one hand how many times I've been on a plane.

But you never know.

People with passports can use those to get on a plane.  I've never had a passport either.

I hope the Real ID doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  If they do, I just won't get one and hope to not need to fly in a family emergency.

Weather here is colder and wetter than usual.  Very much wetter.  Yuk.

I took a short walk in the park today until the wind whipped up and then the rain started to splatter.
They may as well put away those life jackets now for next summer.

I sat in my car watching the storm roll overhead, drowsy, and thought about a nap.  But in the end, I drove home and napped here.

And I still haven't cleaned those darn traps.


8 comments:

  1. The traps can wait. Rest up and recuperate.
    Glad your brother is home - that is really impressive. I bet you are right about his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He usually heals fast after events like this. So far anyhow. All from atrial fib, which he's had since he was young. I suppose with age everything gets a little worse. The traps still wait and you are right, let them wait. They're getting rain washed anyhow, since its been pouring.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I get in those moods, too. When I get them, I usually cry for a while or go fuss at whoever is around. No so good for those around me. What helps me the most is taking a walk or working in the yard. Or just waiting for the mood to pass.

    We are in the process in implementing real ID here. It is happening with driver's license renewal's or you have to go in. I have an appointment to do that this Saturday. There is no cost involved, but you have to show documents of age and residency. If you don't have current, official copy of your birth certificate on hand, I would go ahead and get one. That will be helpful when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to show original birth certificate last time I renewed my license, so I don't get what the big difference is. I had to have three different forms of ID just to get my license renewed. One was original birth certificate, then original social security card, and I think the third was something with address on it.

      Delete
    2. Sounds similar except there had to be two things with an address. Maybe you have already been qualified. My son had to have all of those things when he renewed his license this year, so he's did the Real ID at the same time as his renewal. However, people like me who aren't do for a renewal any time soon had to go in for a appointment. Oregon will let you know what they want with some kind of notice, I'm sure.

      Delete
  3. We could use some of that rain! But seriously, I am sorry you don't get to see family more often. ~hugs~ Be safe and stay warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could see them more often too. My older brother and his wife are in another state while my younger brother and his wife are way too busy for anything but work and recovery from work on weekends. As for nieces, nephew, they lead busy lives far away.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous4:13 PM

    You achieve a lot then take a rest. Nothing wrong with that. Start putting a bit of money away each week for you to fly.

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...