Sunday, September 01, 2019

Stress

Just thinking about all the cats that need fixed, without appointments for over a week and not nearly enough to get even a quarter of those on my list done, has me in stress.  I wish it wasn't so.

It's ridiculous that it is so tough to get enough appointments to get a handle on the overpopulation problem in one small Oregon county.

It's because the short sightedness of people and lack of common sense never seem to improve.  Common sense and personal responsibility would make a person fix a cat, not wait til there are 30 plus cats to see the problem they have created.  Ah well, the broken record, me.

I got the one structure, the latest, for the cat yard, almost done.  The one that replaces the old cat structure I had to tear out due to age and rot.   Speaking of age and rot, I think I am rotting with age, too.  I need some recreation, seriously.  I've not really had any for a very very long time.

Litter bucket turned into cat hideaway

Two story cat house

6 comments:

  1. How I wish common sense WAS common. It is rarer than hen's teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't you hope? Hen's teeth, that's funny.

      Delete
  2. Nice cat houses you built. I have a carrier like the one in the picture. We joke that it's the last thing they want to get into at home and the first thing they want to get into at the vet's office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are actually plastic dog houses from Chewy. They're even cheaper than a carrier. Not that well made, as the tabs on the top, supposed to hold it to the bottom, don't match up or actually snap onto the bottom. But oh well, works for this use.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:44 PM

    Animal, and people really, population growth is rather simple arithmetic. It's amazing that some people don't get it.

    You didn't know the hen's teeth saying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amazing people can be so stupid and so uncaring.

      Delete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...