Monday, December 03, 2018

Nine More Fixed Cats

That's always a good thing. 

To have nine more fixed cats in the valley, as opposed to nine unfixed cats.

I drove up with them slow this morning.  Dense fog helped take the pressure off my slower than normal driving (you're only supposed to go about 50 on a donut). Most people were driving slower than usual in that.  Except for the idiots who always drive like idiots even in dense fog.

I dropped a trap off too, to a couple in N. Salem wanting to trap some they feed.

Then it was the slow drive home.  This time, no fog and I got lots of dirty looks but only one middle finger.  I just smiled like I am a ditsy clueless incompetent old lady high on drugs.  Hahahaha.

I showed em!

Tire store only had one type of tire in my size and just happened to be a very expensive tire too.  No go, I said.  I said I'm only here at this store because Discount Tire for some reason is closed today and I can go back there because they have such and such a tire at such and such a price and I like that tire, always have.  I was babbling.

Oh but he can order that exact tire for almost same price they offer it, he says, fingers flying over his keyboard, searching.  Oh, I say, lovely, do it.  Order two of them.  I'll have good tires on the front and bad ones on the back.   I like that combo.

They'll be here tomorrow.

 A friend came down with her van, the back lined in a big tarp, to take me up to the clinic to get the cats.  I took up five too, cats from another place, already fixed, who could not remain where they had been (feeder moved), and my barn cat placement friend met me there to take them.   That was a huge help for these beautiful kitties.

Being a passenger was nice for a change.  I loved it!   Nice of her to do that for me.  I didn't want to hit the road again with that bike tire, basically, on one wheel.

What happened to full size spares?

Well here are the photos of the nine.  I didn't get photos of the five who went for barn placement.  My camera battery had died.  We will begin with the Sweet Home five.  A mother and her three kittens, then that big male they feed too.

Angel, looking bored, the mom, maybe anxious to get back to her box filled store room home. Just kidding, it's freezing out.  Bet they're happy to be inside and warm!

This is Cherub, a girl, one of Angel's three kittens.  All four were fixed today.

This is Santini, another of the kittens, also a girl.

And Tux, the only boy of the kittens.

Ghost, the big male they feed too
Then there were the two girls from the apartment complex.  Both girls former ferals, and strangely, both in heat.   Precious, the torti, was found in the park where I often wander.  So many cats get left there. 

Precious, the torti
This little sweetie, Kitty, belonging to the neighbor, who used to be homeless too, along with Kitty, is so darling, and technically a calico, having bits of orange in a couple places.  She is quite unusual but now fixed.
Rounding out the 9 are the two from One Eyed Willy's colony--Luki, a brown tabby boy, and Sweetie, a young gray female.

Luki, a boy

Sweetie a little girl
So anyhow, that's the story for today.  They'll all go home tomorrow and I'll be getting my tire situation cleared up tomorrow too I hope. 




7 comments:

  1. Another good and productive day. And how nice for you to be a passenger for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I enjoyed the passenger experience.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:02 AM

    Ok, your tyres are so great. These temporary spare tyres are a pest. Given your car is not exactly new, I am surprised it came with a doughnut. So, new tyres tomorrow at a good price and more cats have been fixed. All good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised it came with one that held air, Andrew! It did not come with a tire iron though, so I took it from the other car before selling it. I hope the tire saga ends tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. You get a whole different perspective from the passenger's seat. I see things I've never seen before even on a route I'm familiar with. Hope you get some chances at that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE being a passenger, kicking back, letting go, watching the scenery!

      Delete
    2. The friend who came down from Lebanon to give me a ride is moving to Florida though. Guess the gray is getting to her. Darn it.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...