Friday, December 07, 2018

Lazy Cat Round Up

I'm doing a lazy cat round up again for Monday.  I have ten reservations Monday but those are the last until January.

This time, its a colony in Salem at an apartment complex.  But the couple involved are trapping the cats themselves and even bring them down here after they trap another.  Talk about easy.  I just loan them traps, give encouragement and take care of them here until Monday when they'll be fixed.

So far they've trapped five.  They're in three cages in my garage, set up in cages that offer shelves, carrier beds and litter boxes.

They dine on warmed wet food and cat treats.  Fresh catnip hangs into their cages.

The Catnip Hotel.  Nothing but the best.

Vinnie is really huge and spends most of his time napping.  He's taking a little forced vacation from fighting other boys.

Check out that flopped left ear!

This little black one they call Coal has a very short tail.

Then there are two cross eyed gray tabbies, siblings I guess.  Allegedly the massive brown tabby long hair is their mum.  Hmmm.


This is Mama Fuzz, but Mama Fuzz is MASSIVE.  I would think male but they swear its a girl and a mom.  I'm not looking either.
So anyhow, they're still trapping.   And I don't have to lift a finger.  Just the way I like it.

I went up to the park today.  Frost had lingered in shady spots even mid day.  By this evening, rain had taken up again.   The gorge may get freezing rain but its warmed up now in the valley.





Frost on the logs along the river


Snow berries


I took Little Sally off to Heartland Humane Thursday.  Was very hard to do that, loved her so much.  She's a wonderful kitten and I hope she gets a great home.
So long Little Sally.  Love you girl.  Good luck.

8 comments:

  1. How lovely that for a change you are not being worked into the ground.
    Love the snow berries and hope that Little Sally finds a home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I hope she doesn't spend too long at the shelter.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Peek a boo, says Sally. I remember frost like that in my childhood, even in the city, but now it is never cold enough for it to form. I guess they are Cape Barren Geese. I should know what the geese are, but I forget. Migratory, I think. It's nice for you to deal with some decent people, for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call them Canada Geese. Yes, they spend the winter here. Some farms have Geese canons, that fire intermittently, in attempts to scare them off. There are massive numbers that call the valley home in the winter.

      Delete
  3. You need some "lazy" roundups then and again. Although you are still doing a lot of work to make it all happen. BTW, how do you like the "Book Thief"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the book, L&L, just really enjoyed it tremendously.

      Delete
  4. Oh, bless you, little Sally! And you, too, Strayer. I'm so glad you got some rare and precious assistance. Nice call on the 'Canada' geese, as so many folks here refer to more than one as 'Canadian'. ~rolls eyes~ Drives my inner English language teacher crazy. Heh... Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Little Sally. I saw big Sally out at the colony yesterday, trapping four more to be fixed. I had named Sally, an adult torbi, after I trapped her, for the spay records, and when I grabbed the torbi kitten, who looked exactly like her, I automatically called her Little Sally. When I was in college, I took a birding class. The instructor would flunk us out if we dared to call Canada Geese "Canadian". AS IF, he'd rage, AS IF THEY HAVE A NATIONALITY. Never forgot.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...