Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Stormy

Rain came in last night, pounding through, heavy, drenching and we need it.

A Jet Blue flight out of Portland turned around, circled and landed again, after passengers heard a loud thump just after take off.  They'd hit a bird, or many birds, probably geese.  Planes slaughter so many birds.  Hey,  I have an idea, let's blame cats.

The wet air, the gray short days, down pours, have clogged my brain.  It doesn't work as well, I swear, in winter.  Those neurons trying to connect have to swim through clouded waters, I think, mogged in swamps of fog and mold and mists.

I just want to hibernate til its over.

I took 11 cats to be fixed yesterday.  I took 8 to Salem to be fixed, then drove on to Corvallis with three others, kittens, at least I thought they were, from the bathroom.  I have five in there still from that place outside Lebanon.

I finally caught the mackerel tabby I've seen now and then only, out at the farm colony where I feed the cats.  He'd been making Grandpa nuts.  Grandpa can't take on a big male like this one, I call him Zappo, so he's been attacking the small fixed tabbies, out of frustration I guess.  "I'm going to hurt a tabby," maybe went through Grandpa's mind, as the stink of unfixed male permeated that little brain.  At least Grandpa is smart enough to know he's no match for Zappo's size and youth.  So he attacked the little fixed tabbies, getting the color right but not the cat.  Getting Zappo fixed will eventually create peace on earth (ah, and its almost Christmas), out there.     I was out there three days ago, and there Zappo was, chirping at Dottie, where I feed. I set a trap in a hurry and I caught him.

Ah Zappo, now you are fixed!  Grandpa, this is for you!

I was contacted by a Lebanon lady who feeds some cats where she lives.  She feeds a mom and her four "kittens" from last April, plus a big orange tabby male, from the mom cats litter over a year ago.

I drop trapped three of them, from that April litter, then left a live trap set and we caught the mom, but no one was there to watch the trap and she may have sat in it awhile.  It took longer to catch her oldest kitten, that big orange tabby male.    As of today, Tuesday morning, they still have not caught the 2nd black from the April litter.  Today I take back the five we did catch, after all five were fixed yesterday.

This is Daisy, mom of the other four to follow who were fixed.  Daisy's done with that now. Spayed.  About time.
Jenga, he's Daisy's oldest boy, from a year ago

Leo is from a litter born this summer, but now fixed.

Lacey, Leo's sis, is fixed too

Lexi, a black sibling, now fixed too
Also, two Tangent kittens joined the crowd at WHS to be fixed yesterday.  A brother and a sister.  Xeric and Xervannah.

Cute?   YES!

Now to the three who were fixed at Heartland, from my bathroom, from that rural Lebanon colony.  There are still unfixed cats out there.  I hope to finish that soon.  Muffy, who is a compact darling, was one of the three.   I thought Muffy was about four months old.  Well, I got informed by Heartland's surgery tech that is not the case.  She has adult teeth so is 8 months to a year old.  She won't get bigger.  She will look like the perpetual kitten.

The other two who went from the bathroom were Otto and Jenny, the black boy and black girl.  Otto had acted very feral but this morning, he was rolling against my leg asking to be petted.   Ok, I thought, I will pet you Otto.  I love anesthesia, messed with his brain I guess, in a good way.

This photo is actually of Jenny, very drunk and hung over from anesthesia.   I used to call her Whimsy, but now she's Jenny.

And here's Otto, sleepy last night, after anesthesia, loving this morning.  Hope that lasts.

Thanksgiving is over and done with.  Thankful for that.   I did go up to Petsmart and get a lot of wet cat food on Black Friday.   It's the only shopping I do, for financial reasons, lol.

Happy Holidays, People.  Stay warm and dry.  If you're in Oregon, disregard,  because you will get wet. You will be wet til late next spring.

Remember, dreaming about Peace on Earth is one thing.  Writing it on cards and putting displays of lights that say it out front of your house is really sweet.  But useless. 

We cat trappers create Peace On Earth year around.  Through surgical procedure. 

Ho Ho Ho

4 comments:

  1. Well done! What cuties, my dear. And good will to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a bunch of beautiful cats this load!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:06 PM

    You do indeed make Earth a more peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, that is a very nice thing to say. Thank you.

      Delete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...