Sunday, September 30, 2018

A Chronicle of Cats

Well, as of right now, 29 cats and kittens have left the trailer park.

All cats there are now fixed, except one stubborn teen who refuses to enter a trap after seeing so many others go in and get trapped.

There are some still there who need out.  Like one black short hair, like black tux Big V, and like another black.  I got all three of those fixed 3 years ago.

Seguro, one of the three lactating females I returned after they were fixed, is nowhere to be seen.

The other two fixed females, who were returned after spay due to lactation, are Tescata and the beautiful tiny Juliet.  Both are back in the garage again after entering traps.  Tescata is with the latest two kittens caught there, her litter, the other two being already with ARCF.  It's up in the air whether she'll go with her kittens or heads to barn cat placement.  She was so starved, she has eaten nonstop since arrival last night.

I have the black teen in the bathroom with Chowder and Skeeter, two of the first kittens caught.  Chowder isn't going to tame, so he will leave tomorrow to my barn cat placement friend, with his mom, Juliet.  The black teen will go too, once fixed tomorrow.

Two adult fixed blacks, one a boy, one a girl, along with Tomasina's boy, a brown tabby, fixed three years ago, will also leave tomorrow for barn cat placement.  Tomasina, an abbytabby female, fixed three years ago, was one of the first six my barn cat placement friend took, although I didn't remember her real name then, and dubbed her "Thistle".

This was Tomasina and her boy kitten three years ago.
Her boy leaves my garage tomorrow.  He's grown into a very beautiful kitty.

I only have one cat, a black teen, from the trailer park, to take to be fixed tomorrow.  The rest I caught were already fixed.  So five adults, two tiny kittens and two teens, (the unfixed black teen plus Chowder), will leave tomorrow.  However seven local cats will get fixed tomorrow on my reservations.  The trailer park teen, a Brownsville cat, two Sweet Home cats and three more females from Albany, part of a large unfixed colony I am just starting.


Here are some trailer park cats.  Two are owned.






8 comments:

  1. The barn cat placements sound brilliant.
    Well done to you and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some beautiful pictures of cats and the white one has very interesting markings. Thank you for all of the wonderful work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white one is owned. He has mostly white cats.

      Delete
  3. What an interesting looking tuxedo kitty. I've met a couple of people lately who had no idea what the term "tuxedo cat" referred to. I was greatly surprised by this because I had thought it was common. Is this your impression? I can easily imagine that the tabby kitten grew up to be beautiful. You probably know that tabbies come in five patterns: blotched, mackerel, spotted, ticked, and patched (https://www.catster.com/cats-101/tabby-cat).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think it is common knowledge, of what a tuxedo cat looks like. I didn't know all the tabby markings, what they are called. I will check out the link.

      Delete
    2. The Ticked tabby as they describe it what I call an abby tabby. The blotched is what we call a tabbical.

      Delete
    3. "The Ticked tabby as they describe it what I call an abby tabby. The blotched is what we call a tabbical"

      I grew up calling all tabbies tiger cats because I didn't notice that they were different kinds. Abby and tabical I hadn't heard of.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...