Saturday, August 25, 2018

Scooty's Sis Now Here

I trapped Scooty, a little orange mackerel tabby girl, who was fixed the 13th

She's already in a home.  But the image of her crouched along the curb, in that parking lot, with her sister, a muted torti, haunted me.  I had to find her sister.
This is when I first saw Scooty and her sister crouched along a curb.

So I've been back at the parking lot twice since then.  Last night being the third time.

My first catch of the evening was wonderful.  The adult tabby female.   Mom of the mackerel tabby I caught two nights ago.  I'd seen her with two kittens.  At one time, she was with three, but that was two months ago.

I was watching episodes of The 100, via netflix on my phone.  How trapping has changed.  I'd forgotten my book.

I like that series.  It features strong female leaders, most warriors, and the horrible issues they face, trying to re occupy earth, that was destroyed long long before, by war and nuclear weapons.  Sky Crew, as their tribe is dubbed, orbited earth through the radiation in a space ship called The Ark.  Until, that is, the Ark could no longer sustain them.  100 children basically, rebel teens, who didn't follow rules and had gotten into trouble on The Ark, were sent to Earth, in hopes it was habitable.

They meet tribes who have survived on earth.  They struggle to survive the very behaviors that led to the earth's destruction---violence.  How to get along and survive. 

It is a compelling series.

I saw, in the corner of my eye, far off movement, as I sat in a corner of the parking lot.  A cat, at the other end, maybe a quarter mile off.  Why sit here, I thought, when there may be a better spot to catch these elusive kitties.  Indeed there was.  I hit the mother load.  Pay dirt!

I could have caught probably ten cats.  I settled for two more, in the new location.  One of them, running with a gang of kittens now, all starved, was Scooty's sister.

I caught her!

And when I was gathering myself to leave--a massive male entered my smallest weakest trap and nearly blasted out the weaker end.  I whipped out a zip tie and kept that from going down.

I caught Scooty's sister.  I was very very happy.

I got up just now, after only five hours of sleep, to get the cats out of the car.  I left them in there last night, but it might get too warm for that, so I got up and transferred Markus' mom into the cage with him and what a reunion!  Markus and I don't know yet if Markus is boy or girl, began crying in happiness and then nursed even though at four months, he's really a little big to be doing that.  His mom did not mind.



Scooty's sister, a little muted torti, talkative like her, sleeping now.


I only have a bad photo of the big male I caught.  I'd seen him once before with the tabbies by a car.

By Tuesday, the four Lebanon kittens in the bathroom will be at Heartland and their mom will have been fixed and taken home.   Three of the four parking lots cats will have moved on too and only Scooty's sis will remain here.

With the cats settled into the garage, I'm going back to bed happy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I'm thrilled for you and for them. And it makes me very happy you've known other pleasant relationships, too, as well as with these precious creatures. Thank you for revisiting my blog with that word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful news.
    That reunion fills my heart and makes my eyes leak a little.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Markus was so excited, yes, something to see. Like everything was suddenly wonderful again.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous4:19 PM

    Well done and some sleep well earned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just woke from a four hour nap in fact, Andrew.

      Delete

Five More Cats

 I took five cats up to be fixed yesterday.    I went Sunday morning back up to the Sweet Home 7-11 colony.   I was there by 7:00 a.m. and d...