Monday, August 20, 2018

Did Not Over Do

The cat round up for today's reservations was not so wild as last week's.  I made certain to call it an evening early, in fact.

I had no trouble finding seven cats in need of spay, neuter.  However two of the cats who went turned out to be already fixed.  There was no way to know before, since both were females and did not have ear tips.  That is why I just love ear tips. No need for them to go through it all again.

Snow is a white female fed in Albany.  I saw her being posted as found.  Then I went on my break and left the facebook group where she was posted.  That's because seemed like everybody on there said to call me, to find cats, to rescue cats, etc.   I'm one person.  So I simply left those groups.

After the break, I did loan a trap to the woman who didn't want to feed the cat forever.  Already someone had come forward to say she'd take the cat in.  So I loaned the trap and three weeks later, when I had space in reservations, she trapped her.   She's already gone with the woman who arranged to take her in.  Good luck Snow.

Polly is a huge torti from Sweet Home roaming a trailer park.  A woman had contacted the FCCO in hopes to get cats fixed at the trailer park again.  I had sworn off going in there ever again, just too traumatic on me.  And too far away.

The FCCO, once contacted, contacted me, hoping I could trap and transport.  I declined.  But Sunday I called the woman up, said I could get three done if you can catch them and meet me in Waterloo.  And she did.

With Polly and two kittens, Dude and Scraggles.  There are lots more she wants to bring to be fixed from the park.  Two females just had kittens, in fact.

Polly, from  Sweet Home

Scraggles, from Sweet Home, a little girl

Siamese mix boy Dude, from Sweet Home

Also a stray boy came from a local woman.  Trapper John turned out to be FIV positive and had a cracked canine and probably has other bad teeth.   Too bad people let their unfixed males roam and get FIV then spread it.  Should be considered a crime.

Trapper John

Lastly are the two girl kittens from the trailer park.  They're tiny and still wild.

Whispy, spayed today
Half Pint, Whispy's sis
The two girls are in the bathroom with Scooty, who hails from the parking lot across the road from the trailer park where they are from.

And tomorrow, finally, Ganji will be leaving me, also via ferry across the Willamette, later tomorrow afternoon.


8 comments:

  1. Lots of good news today. Not least that you are sticking to your guns and not going to places that cause you grief - but still able to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC, live and learn, eh? Like my friends blog title. I really suffered last week after going all out. I'm not sorry I did because I caught, in the end, little Scooty, who is precious. However, I can't handle such extreme effort again so soon.

      Delete
    2. Might be getting older. Lol. Nah! Can't be!

      Delete
  2. Before meeting you, I didn't understand ear tips. Now, I have friends who consider them barbaric and I try to educate them to the real world and the incredible work that you and others do. That's one of my small ways I am trying to help. You do an very important service to the cat world and the human world they live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah when people say they are mutilation and cruel, I generally say "as opposed to ripping out their balls or ovaries" which generally but not always shuts them up. Ear tips are life saving, and spare cats being caught again and again, and often spare their lives. It makes knowing what free roaming cat is already fixed easy. And I won't even mention the 50 to 100 cat colonies, cats all black, the only way to know if one is already done is that ear tip!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous4:40 AM

    Yeah, do what you can, within your own boundaries. It seems the supply quite overwhelmes any system, but you are helping muchly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew! I try to tell people we don't have a cat problem, we have a people problem. Which is true. This is all caused by ridiculously irresponsible owners who don't fix their pets.

      Delete
  4. Two great update posts! And adorable pictures. "Too bad people let their unfixed males roam and get FIV then spread it. Should be considered a crime." I could not agree more. ~nods~ Sorry about the air quality. As for where I live, I'm very grateful, especially that it isn't South Africa! What's happening there to the Boers is terrifying. I hope you got a good nap. ~hugs~ Be well!

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...