Saturday, July 28, 2018

More Fire

We've had a heat spell, seems its gone on forever, of temps 90 and over.  This will last until Wednesday when temperatures "plunge" into the mid to low 80's which will seem strange.

Meanwhile I have adapted to the 90 plus degree heat and barely notice it now.  Others struggle and can't wait for fall to arrive.

We don't have any huge fires going in Oregon that I know of.  The Substation fire up near the Dalles was contained quickly.  Another smaller fire, the Longhollow fire, burning just west of where the substation fire burned is going strong however.  I imagine they'll get it out fast.

California is another matter.  The Carr Fire, burning Shasta and now parts of Redding is frightening and reminds me of fires last year that roared through parts of Santa Rosa.

This link leads to a story on the Carr fire so far.

I won't continue cat yard painting til Wednesday when temps go down.  I had run out of the cheap Walmart stain anyhow.   I found it today at a Salem Walmart since our local one seems always out of stock of anything I am looking for.

The cat yard is looking good and the cats love the new shelves I've added.  The additions have been slow.

I slept off and on yesterday and finally feel better after the camp trip exhaustion, from barely sleeping for two nights.   The old sleeping bag, whose zipper breaks and tears, being originally a Walmart bag (what an excuse), will end up cat bedding. I'm done fighting with it and having a camp trip go south partly because of it.  I'm cutting the zipper off.  I'm not into keeping useless crap around, unless I can turn it into something useful and that bag is crap.  Always was crap too.

I am very very grateful I don't live in the path of a hellish wildfire right now.  I can live in 95 degree heat, the new Oregon summer normal.   But I don't like wildfires nor the smoke from wildfires, like last summer when wildfire smoke clouded the sky and choked out the sun.


9 comments:

  1. I am glad that you have been catching up on sleep. And the cats will probably love your sleeping bad (bad was a typo, but it seems to fit so I left it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are cracking me up. Yes it is a very bad bag. But they'll love it!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:45 PM

    A fire tragedy in Greece and now serious in California. Let's hope it is not such an outcome as it was in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nearly the deaths as the Greek fire, but at least five deaths so far I heard, two children and their grandma made up 3 of the deaths reported, which is sad.

      Delete
  3. You might get a new sleeping bag from some place like Freecycle or Craigslist. That seems like the thing that people would get rid of. All of those people who don't think camping is worth it anymore. While we still have some, I gave away several sleeping bags when we moved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sleep better rolled in a blanket L&L. I'm a bit of a leg thrasher so I don't like them zipped into a bag anyhow. I don't need one.

      Delete
    2. I don't like being zipped up in a sleeping bag either. It makes me feel a little claustrophobic.

      Delete
    3. Exactly the way it makes me feel, L&L, plus the confinement of a tent. If I am camping, I want to see the stars. I am working on a plan in my mind for a pop out extension to the back of my car, for sleeping. I think I can figure one out.

      Delete
  4. Take care of yourself. So glad you're not in the path of fire. ~hugs~ I felt so sad reading about that selfish woman you took camping. Wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...