Tuesday, June 05, 2018

14 Cats fixed Yesterday

14 cats were fixed yesterday.  I am worn out from it, I tell you.

There were in all five from two locations on Tennessee Road.  Four came from the place where I found Kettle the Kitten.

It's not an easy place to like.  They won't feed the cats and seem to have no compassion at all for their plight.   Hard on me.  Three of these cats, Wander, the mom of Kettle, Tennesssee, a super skinny gray boy and his sister, Kgal,who was terribly underweight, but also pregnant, went to my barn cat placement friend after surgery.  I'm so happy they won't go back and will go somewhere they'll actually be fed.
Wander, the mom of Kettle


Tennessee, a super skinny gray boy

Kgal, a very underweight girl, who was pregnant.


  I asked the Starvation Road colony people to close the traps Sunday night at 9:00 and told them I had no spay neuter space again til next Monday.  But they didn't and caught a big male too but didn't tell me until I was on the way home from the clinic after dropping off 13.   I was not happy, went out there, worn out, was going to just turn the cat loose but then instead drove him all the way to Heartland Humane, who was also doing surgery yesterday, to just see if by any chance they could fit him in and they did, thank goodness.  They even offered to take Kettle the kitten.  I loved Kettle but he was really little and wanted syringe fed KMR and wanted me to hold him all night.  So mostly I did and wore myself out further.  When Heartland offered, I was very relieved.  I took him with me when I went to pick up the cats at whs, in Salem, after their surgery.  I handed off five to my barn cat placement friend, the three from the Starvation road colony, as I dubbed it, then two from Sweet Home where I'd caught seven.



Then I drove all the way to Corvallis, from Salem, with the 8 cats coming home with me for the night and little Kettle.  In Corvallis at Heartland, I picked up Rex, the also unwanted black tux, and left Kettle there.

 Rex

Kettle nestled in
I give up for now, I can't get blogger to work this morning.  I try to add photos, and they end up at the top of the post instead of where I want them.  Later maybe it will be working.  Well, I'll try once more.

Polly, from another location on that same damn road as the starve the cats people.  She got to go home, however.  
Two other females from Lebanon also were fixed.  Bessy, the girl I've been holding in my garage, since taking three kittens from that yard, finally got fixed and will go home.

Bessy, an abbytabby tux female, finally got spayed and will return home.
Sabby, an adult female from another Lebanon location was also spayed.  She has kittens somewhere.  The folks who feed her have not looked for them that I know of.  Gigi, another cat from where Sabby is fed, is now in Portland with her five kittens.  Also already fixed from these folks---Blackie and Strawberry, two boys.
Sabby, a black female, with one white chest spot, was fixed yesterday.

I also took seven to be fixed from one Sweet Home location, a house near the trailer park where so many cats live and are often abandoned.  There were more roaming the large junk and trash filled back of this place too, but I only got the seven.  Two of them went to barn placement--a little one eyed black and white male--Yang, and a torti, pregnant at spay, Mottles.  Two other females were going to go to barn placement instead of returning but both were lactating.

Mottles

Yang, a little boy, who went, after surgery, with Mottles, for barn placement.

Skittles

Summer

Stoner

Patches

Vegas
Everyone in the garage will go home today except Rex, who will go to barn cat placement as soon as I get another big black tux fixed somewhere.  Trapped also on the same road as Rex, yesterday too, without any notice to me, the colony where Polly lives, and that guy demands he not come back or they'll shoot him.  Such big demands on that road. 

4 comments:

  1. I cannot wrap my head around people like that. Thank heaven these cats have you. ~hugs~ And hurray for the teamwork of *some* people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, Darla. I can't even comprehend. I meet so many people like this though, it wears me out mentally, and I stew over it at night sometimes when I'm tired, wondering how they are that way and why.

      Delete
  2. Wander looks hardly more than a baby herself.
    Thank you, as always for all you do.
    I really hope karma comes home to bite rather a lot of people. And that those bites become infected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karma has a lot of work around here, maybe too much. Wander, Tennessee and Kgal have been eating tons of food, I'm told, by the woman who took them. Tons! So they're finally getting all they can hold and more! Almost cried when she told me. Was tired. Today she also took the two boys, Rex and the other black tux trapped less than a mile away. They are most likely closely related, like probably brothers. Back to same old here now!

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...