Sunday, May 27, 2018

Three Starving Kittens





It's a quiet holiday weekend around here.  Neighbors seem to all have vanished, off camping or doing something.   I got a few things done, until, I washed my car.  I was standing on tiptoe reaching up and over to get the top and something popped in my shoulder.  I then could not use my right arm without pain.  This continued the rest of the day.   I took Aleve and packed it in ice and yelled when I drove because it hurt if my shoulder blade touched anything. 

It was a strange injury.  Hurt in my bicep and down my arm, at my shoulder, in my shoulder blade and collarbone too.  Wtf did I do this time.  I'm still getting over numbness from some nerve crunch that comes and goes in my left arm and shoulder.  I've done this before though, and something usually pops back and its fine if I manipulate my arm and shoulder just right.

But despite the pain in my shoulder and arm, I could not resist a call from a Lebanon woman. I was so bored and have been so human contact deprived lately.  I got four females fixed for her a few weeks ago.  All were post partum.  She'd found 8 kittens but I was a little worried there were more out there.   Yesterday evening she found three more in her backyard. Kitten tally is now at 11.  I went over.  I didn't hold back on yelling when the pain in my shoulder blade got to be too much on the drive.

She's has had one of my traps for awhile.  But, they don't work very well when left in the garage.  There was an unfixed brown tabby cat staring into the house, hungry, at her patio door and I said, "Let's get her."  The woman hauled my trap out of her garage, after locking her curious black tux in a bedroom.  This was the most exciting event of his week, and he was upset to be locked away from it.  We set the trap, lined with paper, bait in the back, door held up with the same mountain dew bottle  we used before.  Wasn't one minute before she was in the trap and I pulled the bottle out from under the trap door with the string.  She's a girl too but I could not see lactation.  She's young, I can tell, maybe still a teen.

I got the kittens set up in my bathroom once home and after syringe feeding them KMR and they were so hungry they nearly swallowed the syringe trying to get that milk in them fast.  They are so skinny and dehydrated.  Whomever their mom is, she wasn't doing much of a mom job feeding them.

Two tabby boys and one black and white girl.

So I'm mom to them for a few days until I find a rescue open.  As for the female, she'll kick back in a cage in the garage til she's fixed then go home.

The three kittens are heading off to Heartland in moments.   I didn't know them long, but I love them.




5 comments:

  1. You really are a trooper.
    I hope that you get some relief from the shoulder. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your shoulder "pops" back in this time also. That sounds very painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever was wrong, resolved by yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Oh, bless you and these little dolls. Why do bad things like this happen to good people? At least I'm relieved the shoulder is better. ~hugs~ Wish I could take you out to lunch or something.

    ReplyDelete

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...