Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Six More Fixed and Out Comes the Sun

We've had glorious sunshine the last couple of days in the valley, lifting everyone's spirits.

I know mine have soared, despite setbacks and disappointments.

Yesterday I took up six more local cats to Willamette Humane's spay neuter clinic.

One of the cats was a long time stray in a small community just north of Albany, near the Buena Vista ferry, that carries cars across the Willamette River.  The woman said she's had multiple litters over the years out there, sometimes having them in the middle of a field.  When they were near enough them, she'd try to find the kittens homes.

She'd already found three kittens from her last litter.  They looked to be about five weeks of age to me.   She came and borrowed a live trap and almost immediately caught the very hungry mom, but then also found five more kittens.  So her last litter was 8.  All those kittens were taken in by Meow Village.

These are some of her last litter
Mama C.  She looks all black but does have a white chest spot and white feet.


She eats and eats and eats and will be here a couple days recuperating.

Next up, fixed yesterday, a big beautiful Lynx Point Siamese male named Brutus who has the tiniest meow for such a HUGE kitty.

Brutus from Lebanon
Bugsy of Albany was also fixed yesterday.  Bugsy is large and vocal!

Tabitha Tabby, who shared space with Bugsy, but is reserved with sense of humor, also was fixed.
Tweeny, a black and white young girl, fed as a stray, is so flirtatious I thought for sure she would be an in heat female, but turned out she was already spayed.   Next up, the woman who feeds her plans to find her a home.
And lastly Twilight was fixed yesterday.  She showed up at a farm and was in heat.  Now she is fixed.
The sunshine has been lovely.  I felt like I was turning in circles trying to figure out how best to utilize this rare turn in weather events here.  I didn't waste a second of the warmth.  I went for a couple of walks up in the park but gas prices have risen so rapidly I have to be careful about driving.  I pulled into a gas station in Lebanon moments after they changed the price again, up 8 cents a gallon from ten minutes earlier.  if only I had been there a few minutes earlier.

You can watch the prices climb.   It's putting the pinch on a lot of people.  Especially low wage workers.

The car is running again, after the right front wheel bearing was replaced.  Next I need to get the rear brakes replaced.  There's no safety hazard the mechanic said but the drums are warped which causes the pulsing when I press the brake peddle.

For these days of sun, I am going to enjoy the warmth.  Rains will come again by the weekend, I've been told.  But today, the sun will be out!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, enjoy the sunshine! We got rain, rain, and more rain. But at least my flower seeds are watered in! I thank you for all your efforts despite the heart breaks. ~hugs~ Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain here is supposed to return Friday or Saturday, wish you'd get some sun too, feels nice. It was near 80 today but by Thursday, temps will drop over 20 degrees again, back into 50's and 60's.

      Delete
  2. I am glad to hear that you have sun to soak in.
    Eight kittens? That is one prolific mama. And I am very glad to say that WAS one prolific mama. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! "WAS" being the key word.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure, but my comment may have been lost before I finished it. Anyway, I'm very glad that you are getting some sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:53 PM

    Very wide eyed kitties in the first photo. Tweeny looks like a fun cat. You can live with the warped drums. I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup am adjusting quickly to it. Tweeny is a super fun kitty!

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...