Monday, March 05, 2018

Three Cats and Goldie's Day

I took a mere three cats up to be fixed today in Salem.

I had four spots but gave one away, to someone I thought was working two large colonies.  However, upon arrival at the clinic, she told me she didn't use my reservation.  I don't know why.  Oh well.

Two of the cats I took up today are from N. Albany and fed by a very interesting woman, whose husband is a former motorcycle racer.  She is a scuba diver, although I'm not sure she still dives, but she dove all over the world.  As a former diver (long, long ago) this sparked memories.   And she once invented some clever device for the inkjet printer.   A very talented person I'd say, who has enjoyed a lot of adventure too, in her days.

She had bought a trap off Amazon, but in the end, it didn't work right.  However, they had borrowed a second trap from me, and were able to transfer the male, caught first, and tamer, to their not working trap after catching him in mine.  Then they trapped the female in my trap.

Fluffy and Tiger!

Fluffy, being spayed today.

Tiger, being neutered today.
The third cat is from Brownsville, off Seven Mile Lane.   His sister was fixed a few weeks ago.  His name is also Tiger.

Tiger.  Tiger is very tame and I don't know his circumstances since someone else brought him up.
I had taken two of the burned out house colony cats to Heartland Humane in Corvallis.  Mimi, the girl teen, was adopted out quickly.  However, Teka, the adult brown tabby girl, only hissed and hid and Heartland told me yesterday it would be best if I came and got her.  I had known she might not be tame enough but its always nice to give them that chance.  She is being picked up today by a Corvallis trapper, the one who had arranged the barn home for three of her colony mates--Ebony, Dude and Tequilla.  Teka will join them there today.

And finally, Goldie, the big long hair orange boy who has hopped around on three legs up at the Salem colony for a few weeks, and who has been in a cage in my garage now 8 days, will go home today.   He had a bad bite wound on his leg.  The vet cleaned it out and sutured it and suggested he rest up before release back in his colony.  So he's had a bit over a week and has behaved very admirably.  He eats a lot and uses the litter box and otherwise lays around, like any smart cat might do, when offered such a gig.


The black cat who was living secretly in my garage awhile returned yesterday to spray down the front and back of my car.  I am going to track down his negligent owners and give them all the options for getting him fixed. However, I'm not happy I have to clean up after someone else's cat and nobody should have to do that.   I should charge his owners for my time.

9 comments:

  1. I've been wondering how Goldie was doing. I'm glad he's well enough to be released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He healed so well, it was unbelievable. I tried to get a picture of his leg before his release but failed. Outside of the shave job over the wound area, I saw no evidence left of his bad wound. I told the clinic yesterday evening when I picked up the cats fixed yesterday what an excellent job they did for Goldie.

      Delete
  2. And male cat piddle is SUCH a pungent smell too. And so hard to completely remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn right it is, EC, and can damage car paint. He hit both the front and back of my car, in the driveway, as I watched from inside, unable to get out fast enough to stop it.

      Delete
  3. I consider you both very interesting ladies. ~hugs~ Wish I could take in some of these beauties. ~sigh~ Sorry about that mess! Take care, my dear, and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the mess, not like I don't have a constant mess cleaning up after cats day in, day out. The black boy needs fixed, so he doesn't get and spread diseases or contribute to the overpopulation problem. Thanks for the compliment, grinning!

      Delete
  4. Thank You for all your hard work. Making sure these cats are healthy and fixed before being returned or adopted. Hopefully the owners of that black cat will listen to what they have to do. Thanks for sharing.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. Have a great day!!! And good luck with everything.

      Delete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...