Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Twelve

Another dozen cats got fixed yesterday.  Seven girls and five boys.  11 of the cats were from the Riverside Drive colony outside Albany.  The 12th was a Brownsville girl.

The colony is now fixed.   Well, except for the pregnant female from the colony, cat number 12, now with Animal Rescue and Care Fund, up in Portland.   She still has not had her kittens but she's an easy feral to care for, they report, as she was here.  Once she has kittens and they are weaned, she'll be fixed and come home.

The other 11 cats from that colony, including the unknown cat, UC, for short, were fixed yesterday.

UC was fixed at Heartland, along with a Brownsville Calico named Chloe.  I didn't get a picture of Chloe.  I forgot.

UC was in early stage pregnancy, as were 3 other of the colony females.   You couldn't tell any of the four were pregnant, unlike the 12th cat, with bulging sides, who went north into foster.  Mowgli, who was pregnant too, was so skinny, I was worried about her, and to be pregnant too?  I'm glad she's fixed.  She's a  young thing.  Another, Fedora, one of the blacks, was in heat.  Only Sylvester, a young black tux female, had a normal spay of the six females. 

I'm happy they're all fixed now and hope they will be happy and healthy and live long lives.

The five boys.....

I named this gray boy Curly because he has a coiled tail.

Fuzzy, a black male fixed yesterday.

Shades, another black male fixed yesterday but with short hair.

Potter is a big gray tabby male fixed yesterday.  Yes, I named them all.

This is the backside of another gray tabby male, Timber, only Timber has white on his face, chest and feet.  I'll get a better photo before I return him this morning.
Now for the six girls.....

Sylvester was not in heat, lactating or pregnant.  Most free roaming females are one of the three, this time of year.
Fedora, a short hair black female, was in heat.
Nighty, a young female, was early stage pregnant, and very thin besides, so you sure couldn't tell.  In fact, because of the nose, I was sure Nighty would be a male.
Mowgli too was spayed yesterday.  She is very thin and has been eating a ton while here.

UC a.k.a. Jillian was spayed yesterday at Heartland.

Beautiful Sami was spayed yesterday too.   How she ended up in a colony of black, black and whites, and brown tabbies....who knows.
Well those are the 11 colony cats fixed yesterday along with Chloe, the calico from Brownsville, whose photo I did not get.   I'd say it was a good day for local cats.

10 comments:

  1. That's a lot of cats for one day. Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was and I'm still recovering.

      Delete
  2. It was an EXCELLENT day for local cats. Their lives were changed in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Sami is a beautiful looking cat. Easy to find a home for her, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm endlessly stunned and can only echo "I'm happy they're all fixed now and hope they will be happy and healthy and live long lives." Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pretty sure I commented already, but it deserves a repeat. Well done! And I wanted to say that was a good guess on my kitchen gadget. The picture doesn't show that it's actually rather soft and weighs next to nothing. It's used to peel garlic cloves out of their skins, believe it or not. ~grin~ I blogged today with more including my garlic press. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garlic peeler. Hmmm, never would have guessed that. I'll have to visit!

      Delete

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...