Monday, August 01, 2016

Now It's Three Kittens who Need Homes. Please Share!!!


I sat over at the colony for five long hours yesterday morning, arriving at 7:00 a.m.   I had hoped to catch the unfixed adult female but I never even saw her.  Instead, out of nowhere, trailing Jax, the recently fixed male, pops a small kitten I didn't even know was still there.

She ran under the drop trap with recently neutered Jax and I yanked the cord to drop it over them, then transferred the kitten out into a live trap and let Jax, who looked devastated that he'd fallen for it again, out.

I saw every cat but the unfixed female.  Except I didn't see the black tux I recently took to be fixed who lives down the block.  Maybe he's staying home.  I saw all four adults I'd returned (four others are now living on a property in Lebanon, although still in containment).  I saw all four females the people got fixed.  They don't have the ear tips but now I know who is who.   But I did not see the unfixed adult girl.  Or the Siamese kitten.

At least I caught this little girl, who pooped out worms for an hour, after I wormed her.  She's now wormed, flea free and vaccinated.  She's still under weight for spay, however, by a couple of ounces.

Toby is on the left there and Bluey out front.  Behind her is new girl Whisper, who quickly looked to Bluey for comfort.  They're in the foster cage in the living room that I built for fat Oci then never used for her.  I am getting them a cat bed today.
I want to find them homes, but I have no venue.  I took them to that adoption event Saturday and hoped.  I hope something turns up for them.

Bluey is helping Whisper, on the right, adjust.  So far Whisper seems happy about the change.  She's no longer living under a house or full of worms or crawling in fleas.  What's not to like?

Please share and let's find these wonderful kittens homes!  Thank you!

9 comments:

  1. Bless their little hearts. I wish them the best of luck. They sure are lucky to have been saved by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lucky. They would not have survived there long.

      Delete
  2. I so hope they find homes quickly. As always, thank you for the work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:45 PM

    You must have seen a lot of cat interactions. I am curious about how some cats get along well and others do not. Are they essentially friendly and tolerant and there is the odd one who isn't? Aside from fighting males, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have as many varied personalities as people do, Andrew. By and large, ferals who grow up in large groups, get along well with most other cats.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:46 AM

      Ok, interesting and logical if you think it through.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:28 PM

    I am so far behind. Stress does that. How are things going there, now? I am really hoping that everyone gets what they deserve, You are such a blessing, my friend. I really wish I were there to assist you firsthand. You are an inspiration and a hero. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, you ok? Things are going well although no homes yet for any kittens. I sure hope to get homes for them soon. Caught the last colony adult female and another kitten, so may be finally done at that colony.

      Delete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...