Saturday, October 27, 2012

12 Cats Fixed Yesterday and I Know Why I Hang With Animals!

I took up the 12 cats I trapped in S. Salem yesterday to the FCCO.  I was so exhausted, without a moment's time to catch extra winks.  I want to hibernate away the winter!

I did end up in a movie theater parking lot during the day, yesterday, and fell fast asleep.  I woke up just in time to go pick up the cats.

I don't want to hear anymore tales of cats dying horribly.  People like to tell me.  I don't know why.  It hurts me and maybe that's why people tell me, to hurt me.  I don't want to hear the stories.  How much do you think a person can take?

Just as I was leaving for the FCCO clinic, a woman I helped about three years back, between Albany and Lebanon calls me.  Why, I wonder, would she even still have my number.  We had a falling out.  She's a drug addict.  She doesn't think I know.  Prescription drugs.  She'd go nuts about 15 minutes after taking those pills she'd carry around like a gun, to ward people off, send them packing!  She'd move traps and just act crazy and get abusive.  Her husband hates cats and would act like an ass.  I bailed out finally, could not take it.  She'd leave threatening accusatory phone messages.

Anyhow, so yesterday's call I knew would be no different.  Unless like magic she'd changed.  She hasn't.  She claimed neighbors were shooting her cats and her husband was about to commit her.  Not much I can do about either, so I excused myself from the call, although she hung up on me, like usual, before I could do even that.

Then, after a terribly long day yesterday, still not home, but parked in the Circle K parking lot, my cell phone rings.  It's the Bone Pile colony woman.  I can't figure out why she's calling me.  I think I did my share for her.

Well her old cat is laid out sick, from an abscess, dying, and outside no less and she seems to want me to take her to the vet and pay for it.  I tell her "no" but that she needs to do that.  She claims the cat is kneading and purring while barely able to move.  I say "She's trying to comfort herself and that's your job, as her owner.  Get her inside and help her."  But the woman wants to chat, mainly, and tells me she should have been a vet, yada yada, and I'm steaming inside, this damn woman, who let all those cats breed and suffer, calls herself a Christian and now won't even care for her own elderly cat, letting her lay outside, injured, dying, in the cold and rain.  I cut the phone call short after again telling her to get the inside and warm.  AT THE LEAST!

Today, I return the 12 cats.  Seven girls, five boys.  Then I go straight to mowing fields.  I get some exchange in car repair for jiggling and vibrating around and freezing my butt off for six and a half hours on that tractor.  Strangely, I love mowing with a tractor.  No phone.  No people.  Just that god awful noise and the awful smell of diesel and oil and the pouring rain. It's pure Zen!  Beats out most of what I do in my life.



I'm resigned to my hard and lonely life.  I still got it better than 99% of the world's humans.  Not that I care much.  I got a nice cozy place to come home to, with my cats waiting for me.   I'm so lucky.

I'm finally home after my long day.  Snow and Rose might be leaving tomorrow for a home together. Am happy about that.   Seems like a real nice woman who is not concerned they are still shy.  She'll just let them be, if they want, she said.  I told her how grateful I am that she called and is the way she is about them.

I may end up with Forest, their brother, for good. He's the wild thing.  He might come around.  You never know.  He'll be very lonely without them.

I love animals because people are mean and judgemental and vindictive.  At least the ones I run into mostly.  Animals, they just love me as I am and I love them and everybody needs love.  I do.  I don't have family or anybody else to love me.  But Miss Daisy screams for joy at the sight of me coming home.  How do you beat that?
Another black teenage female fixed yesterday.

Black Teenage female fixed yesterday.

Adult black female fixed yesterday.

Young black tux female fixed yesterday.

Gray tabby tux adult female fixed yesterday.
Lily, black tux tamish female fixed yesterday.

Young Brown tabby female fixed yesterday, from the S. Salem colony.


Big black male, Wally, fixed yesterday.

Honking huge folded ear black tux male fixed yesterday.

Young black tux male fixed yesterday.

Adult brown tabby male fixed yesterday.

Young gray tabby tux male fixed yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...