Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Breathless

My sorrow over Valentino's positive FIV test has turned to joy.

I believe the woman who offered to get him seen by a vet in Portland is going to keep him. She described him as already happy, head butting her, in a room of his own, with a heated pillow, a buffet of different foods out for him, no longer scratching at himself. I was reading her e-mail breathless.

I was devastated one moment and overjoyed the next. What can I say?

This world is strange and beautiful.

We go where the river takes us. Fighting the current is no use. Embrace the river and its path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mom Cats Still in Bloom and Seeding Kittens

 The little kitten was picked up by friend on Sunday.   He immediately adapted to his new home and people. Instantaneously in fact. This is ...