Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentino

The Portland woman who had originally contacted me interested in adopting him is indeed still interested and may come down this Saturday, to take him home. She's a real animal lover and I have no doubts about this adoption, if it works out for her.

Yahoo!!!!!

I am excited for Val also because of his flea allergy and so many cats in and out here.

I hope it works out. Cross your fingers!

Gretal started drooling pus again, but, turns out, this time it's a sinus infection. I got some antibiotics today and she'll begin on those. She will join Feather in the bathroom, whom now I believe is clogged in hair. I am convinced enough of this to begin her on stool softeners. I had to be sure her rather rapid weight loss was not due to diarrhea, because then, it would only make things worse.

I got the Poly sand today!!! Yay and thank you. I also acquired a flat enclosed plastic oil collection tank. They went on sale, down from over $20 to just under $10. Now, to rig the whole thing. I have to figure some fittings is all and make a cabinet to hold the litter box above the tank, not such a problem with the flat oil collection tank which is max five inches high.

I would like to have acquired a larger plastic storage container, as a covered litter box, but I have not found one at a thrift store or discarded and they're too expensive to buy new. So my prototype will be small.

I will attach homemade charcoal filters to the inside of the litter box. I get charcoal in plastic jars at Walmart. You just put the charcoal into a nylon then into a plastic container with holes drilled in it. That charcoal can be washed and even frozen to kill bacteria every now and then. Another good odor absorber--coffee grounds!

I will have to perfect my litter box over time and with observation. Most of the cleaning up I do here is cleaning litter boxes and the tracking of litter around the house. Much of my expense here is buying litter and disposing of it. If I can only eliminate litter from my life, I'll be a happy camper!

If Valentino ends up going to this Portland home, I will really be a happy camper. These are dedicated animal lovers and good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...