Thursday, September 02, 2010

Unsafe

The neighbor situation exploded tonight. A neighbor near me is piping mad about them parking all over the place. It's every night. I think she might have gone and told them off or something.

I came home, in the dark, and one of them, in a pickup, is backing up half on the sidewalk in front of my place, possibly to not be in front of the other neighbors' place. Then some other SUV, old, with bad exhaust, loud, has been coming and going, back and forth.

So I'm trying to go to bed, despite the noise of that one car coming and going, same thing, they're out in the pickup, two guys outside it, and when it leaves, they just stared into my bedroom. Very intimidating and scary stuff. The two of them stood, legs apart, about ten feet apart, like they were about to riddle the house in bullets. I don't have any experience in this sort of intimidation stuff. I did not know how to react.

Very scary. They were dressed like gangsters.

Then one of them, beer can in hand, starts yelling that he can even sleep on the sidewalk if he wants. I yell back to just go home, to leave me alone, and he yells more stuff. I yell I don't want a drunk outside my window, to go home.

He finally goes off, stands angry in the middle of the street, spits some beer, finally goes back to their place. It isn't safe here anymore. They came here and changed everything and it's scary. Very scary.

They move in here, with their zillion cars, into a cul de sac, where they can't park all those cars, and they behave like they are the only ones who matter and can do anything they want to other people's lives. It's really bad. It's not going to end well. I have a really really bad feeling.

Someone who used to live where they used to live thinks they're a group of people who caused multiple problems with the same behavior there. If it is the same people, the woman even has a nickname. If it is the same group, there, it was widely believed they were deep into drugs. I hope it is not the same people. There are more people being dropped off even at this, the wee hours of the morning.

I know this stuff goes on all over but I don't want it in my face. I'm old enough to be their mother, maybe their grandmother and who behaves like that? I know. Lots of people behave like that. They think nothing of it. I want to tell them, "do you know what you'll be like at 40, drinking like that now? You're wasting your lives."

But that's the mother in me.

The rest of me is scared to death of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...