Thursday, June 03, 2010

Check Out Craigslist Post. Woman gets Free Kittens, then Resells Them for Bucks

Supposedly it's some big woman from Corvallis, according to the post below, picking up free kittens then reselling them or something:

Male Tuxedo Kitten /please help (albany)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-06-02, 1:22PM PDT
Reply to: comm-hfkfy-1771954922@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


please help me.. I gave all three of my kittens to gal that said she wanted them for her room mates. she came and got them then put them right back on here and sold them. she was a bigger girl and was from corvallis.. i have her number its a 503 area code.. if any one got one of my kittens please call. 541-497-4311 iam not looking ot get them back just want to know if you have any info on the lady you got the kittens from. I am turning her in for fraud.... my kittens where one tuxedo and one all litte little black one and one tripped gray white and black.. 541-497-3411 please call


Location: albany
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


Then, there is this post (below).
Here kitty kitty kitty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-06-02, 9:29PM PDT
Reply to: steelhead125@comcast.net [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


3 tiger striped kittens for a small rehoming fee.Please adopt one ,and dont flag my add.we donate all proceeds.also pet food donations accepted.10 dollars,your choice.God Bless.

6 comments:

  1. Weird. But I can't give away kittens so I don't know how anyone can sell them. I'd be more interested in how she pulls THAT off.

    There are a couple of feral kittens I know about now and have my eye on that I COULD capture ..but the ones I rescued from last fall are still here and with no homes I don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catch them and get them fixed, Chriss. Likely whomever sold them only got $10 each or something like that, don't know. Don't know anything more about it, just though it to be an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kittens are like 4 weeks old, tops. The mom is going in but with the kittens... well, if there were homes.. but I kind of feel like the last thing I need is more tame people-friendly cats that have to go back into the feral colonies. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. A "small rehoming fee." That's just too funny. What could be wrong with something as innocuous sounding as a rehoming fee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No clue, Snowbrush. No clue on my part. Craigslist ads sometimes are really entertaining however.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Four weeks is the perfect age to tame feral kittens, or hand them off to a rescue, if you can find one, who will take them, vaccinate and worm them, fix them at two pounds, then adopt them out. Those can be hard to find, that's for sure, especially with the excess of kittens out there now.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...