Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Big Siamese is Dead

Meet Gabby, the brown tabby girl, from the disabled mom. A pair of prevet students named both of them.
Gabby gabbing!
Napoleon, the boy kitten.
Gabby in the arms of a prevet student at the clinic, where I took them after the SS woman and neighbors down near the office, were able to get under the building and locate the pair.

I had to come home from the clinic. I am too upset. The big Siamese I netted actually had a broken upper front leg. The broken off bone, they said, had slid down beside the other piece. He also had shattered teeth and broken toes. Possibly a broken jaw, too. Must have been living in horrible horrible pain. It just was too much for me, with all that's gone on. I came home.

Good news now, on a different front. The SS woman got permission to go under that next door building. I went over the moment I got her e-mail but just missed her. Two kittens in hand, much older than I expected, very healthy. And I met two neighbors over there, who will take in the white female. First she'll spend time with her kittens for a few days.

6 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry, Jody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Snow. I'm worn out is the thing. Too much in a way, but at least we found two ALIVE kittens under the building. The mom cat will be reunited. I hope her surgery goes ok over at the clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the sad news was followed by good news. I'm sure momma & babies will be glad to be back together. There was really no other recourse for the badly injured Siamese mix. Sometimes the only thing we can do to help a kitty is let them go painlessly. It still hurts.......because you care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful babies!!! Good on you for your persistence in trying to find them. I think you need a break though-I wish I could speak with you in person. I just took in my first 5 feral kitten capture (actually I almost believe they trusted me to bring them where I could find them). I am the person who ask for info on how to T-N-R a while back and we are getting started slowly. I know you may not believe it but you ARE an inspiration to many. AND I STILL THINK YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK!!!

    Take care,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good when something good happens after domething bad...it helps to ease it a little - two newbie kittens - who won't die! they are adorable, too. What a story they will have to tell when older!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Connie, he was terribly injured. I feel bad for netting him but I didn't know. I do plan on taking a break, Judith and I do want to write a book, when I can catch a few moments to spare, that is!

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...