Thursday, January 29, 2009

Views from the Santiam Rest Area of River and North Bound Bridge Water and Gravel Leak

When I was at the rest area yesterday, on the way back from taking cats to the clinic, I stopped in to leave food for the stray, if the cat is still alive. This time, I took some photos of the wet gravel and dirt pile in the middle of the underneath of the north end of the north bound bridge. I did report this leak of material and water to ODOT, but apparently it isn't important or a safety hazard. Doesn't look good to me.


Views of the river from underneath the north bound bridge.
This is the beautiful Santiam River.

This is the pile of leaking rock, gravel, dirt and water, underneath the north bound I5 bridge over the Santiam.
Makes me wonder if its safe.
One at least of the concrete slabs forming the bottom of the bridge is cracking, near the falling gravel. The falling gravel and water may be at the joint region, where the bridge meets solid ground at the north end. Not sure. I don't build bridges. Hahahaha.

5 comments:

  1. Well, if it collapses, you are all set to testify before Congress, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hell yes, would I love a free vacation, even if I had to testify during a small part of it.

    For some reason, I like sitting right under the cracked part, testing fate I guess. Stupid maybe. The cars are a horrific constant roar overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The cars are a horrific constant roar overhead."

    No joke. I slept under an overpass on at least one occasion while hitch hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding, Snowbrush, which one, where? I've spent a lot of time under bridges too, in my life. I don't mind them. Very private and unique view on the world they offer. Sort of. Except for the human waste, the stench of human urine, trash and the horrific constant roar of overhead traffic. Other than that, though.....ok experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only one I remember distinctly was east of Little Rock, Arkansas. The traffic seemed oh so much louder in the wee hours while I was trying to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...