Thursday, January 29, 2009

Trapped the Stray in Crabtree

The folks who own the seven cats I took in yesterday, said another big black and white cat would sneak in for food and to sleep in the beds in the garage. I trapped him last night. I haven't checked yet, to see if he is already neutered, but I think he will be. They remembered a neighbor a mile away moved suddenly and that's when the two big cats showed up. The other one, the Maine Coon, was already neutered, so I bet this one is, too.

They have another neighbor who told them he has 8 unfixed cats plus some ferals. And the people in Lyons they got three of their cats from, have over 30 unfixed cats. I told the couple I didn't know if I could come up with funds to get 30 fixed, although I'd love to get them all done at the Neuterscooter. I'd have to come up quite a lot of money to do that, however.

I will begin immediately to get the neighbor's tame 8 in, then his ferals, too.

An Albany woman who used to volunteer with the FCCO left me a message this morning also, that she is seeing five new cats outside eating her fixed cats' food. She wants help getting them trapped and fixed. Lots of unfixed cats out there for sure still. I try to take it one situation at at a time.

Tomorrow, I am taking in yet another teen caught by the apartment dweller who keeps that complex's population under control effectively, with his trap. And I'll be taking in yet another tame stray who showed up on Scravel Hill, likely dumped at the cemetery.

She was desperate, the womn who found her said, for food, is unafraid of dogs, and badly wants to come into her house. She is deathly afraid of cardboard boxes, so maybe she was dumped from a car in a box. It gets old sometimes, to hear of what is going on out there. But there are kind people like this woman, willing to feed the latest stray and help her find a home, once fixed.

If this big male isn't fixed, which I'm willing to bet he is, he will be tomorrow. The cats fixed tomorrow will be rounded out by at least two from the 8 owned near the people whose seven cats just got fixed. I'll pick up females first this time of year for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...