Saturday, September 06, 2008

Marian's Disappearance Getting to Me

I'm still upset over the fiasco out on Witt Dr., losing Marian like that. This morning, I went out looking for her, to no avail. I posted fliers. I talked to people along those roads, gave them fliers. No luck.

It has been very sad for me. I still hope she'll show up at the place where she was lost, after the noise and traffic of that jet boat race is gone. People I gave lost cat fliers to, living near that event, weren't happy to have it there. They wanted to tell me how angry they were. I just wanted to find Marian.

Today, I tried to just not think, just do rote things after I went looking for her, without luck. I took Robinhood to his home. I returned the Millersburg male. I am debating whether or not I will continue trapping at that Millersburg trailer, because of the non-involvement issue, of those feeding the cats there, and the fact the trailer will be history soon. There might be two or three left unfixed there. But now I've got another one here, needing eye treatment, the little girl kitten, the feeders' mom would not take in.

I'm going to go get my traps at the Marian trailer colony, because they're not putting effort into catching the other two out there. It's useless.

I'm lonely. I'm very lonely tonight.

When you tell people about options they can use themselves to get cats fixed they feed, and they just are not interested, it's really depressing. When I tell people about options, I think to myself, when they hear it's fairly simple, they'll get all happy and tell me 'thank you, we'll get that done right away' then they'll actually do it, right away, too, and even get involved further by getting strays fed by others in their area fixed, too. That's what I think to myself when I tell able bodied people about the programs out there they can utilize to get their own house cats or strays they feed fixed, at low to no cost. But it really never happens that way.

They just keep on feeding them. And the cats keep on reproducing. They come home at night and plop in front of a TV, or they dork around half the day, or drink all day until they're irritated at the slightest sound. Nothing changes.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, the cats need you. I hope you find Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went and looked for a long time tonight, couldn't find her, but some of the food left out in the barn is gone. Could be the chickens ate it, but I don't think that much. I thought i heard her, too, might have been wishful thinking. I searched all the roads in the area, too, after dark, with a flashlight, threw food into the ditches just in case.

    Her adult daughter, whom I've still been trying to catch at the Marian County trailer, is dead. The trailer people called today, said the three cats still there are now all missing, presumably also killed by the neighbors dogs. It's all so sick and sad.

    She was the only one tame because she was the house cat they had, until they kicked her out and all the offspring because they never got her fixed.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...