Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sashi's Gone. Latest Barn Home for Last Two Kitten Yard Kittens Falls Through

I miss Sashi already. She was such a darling, so beautiful. Also, the two gray boys still here, from the Vanman Kitten Yard Colony, had their latest barn home offer fall flat. I don't know what to do with these two. They are wild. Maybe I should just take them back to the trailer park.

All five cats I ended up taking to be fixed today were females. Two were pregnant, the Siamese I took up late, and the tabby from Doomsday Millersburg. Actually, a friend in Corvallis is taking the tabby in. THANK YOU DIANE. The other female from Millersburg Doomsday, a feral, was in heat, but not pregnant. That tabby is one lucky kitty. No longer will she live beneath a trashed out trailer that is now being demolished for removal. She'll have a live, a chance.

I would like to be optimistic about the Doomsday colony, and believe those two women, who are very nice, will find them all homes before it's too late. Then I'd just get them all fixed. And maybe I should just get them fixed, so they won't reproduce further, at least, before they lose their home. Is it better to get them fixed and reduce the number of deaths later? I try to use such events to propel involved parties to action themselves, to save them, but this rarely works.

I still have the three Starvation Kids, Robinhood and Sammy, the little pneumonia girl. That's enough to deal with here. I don't need to add two feral boys to the mix also.

I already have here: Electra, my elderly feral tabby, originally from Silverton; Vision, my elderly Willamette river cat, the last of the river cats; Dex, the elderly thrice rescued female, orginally from who knows where, then taken in by a Corvallis collector, rescued from her by a pair of scam rescuers whom I had to rescue her from. Those three cats of mine are all elderly.

Then I have Deaf Miss Daisy, who is now 6 years old. Time flies. Just yesterday it seems like, she came to me. Actually it was the year 2003, five years ago. She's already six years old.

How could that be?

I have Cattyhop and Comet. I have the two tortis, Poppy and Gretal. I have the three teens Brambles from HTN, Shady from the BS and Mooki, from Spicer Wayside. All these are cats I took in as kittens, CAttyhop from a colony on 226, Comet, among 16 kittens I took in when trying to fix Heatherdale Trailer park the first time, Brambles, from HTN, because his eye was too inflamed to turn back there, Shady from BS, because she had pneumonia and I just couldn't take her back after she was fixed, sick like that, and Mooki was among six cats I trapped for an old woman feeding strays off Spicer, whose daughter said she'd help me find homes for the three boys, begging me not to return them because her old mother fed too many, she said. Well none of them ever helped find the three boys homes. I finally found Machi and Meeko homes, but not Mooki. Promises, promises, eh?

Boy I get in trouble trying to help cats. Sure, I'm still trying to find all these cats homes, except Dex, Miss Daisy, Vision and Electra, the four I consider my own, three of them so elderly they likely will not last another year.

As if the above numbers are not enough, I also have Panda and Solomon from Lebanon, two of four kittens I trapped at the request of SafeHaven. A worker there had a relative feeding them. They said they fed four. I trapped 11 and they were barely feeding them. Loser they were. Big time. SafeHaven said they'd help me adopt them out. They never did. I still have Panda and Solomon.

And I have the one eyed Stinod, from the Grand Prairie colony, the tattoed up man, with the medical mary jane card, who just isn't "there" mentally anymore, smokes too much weed I think. He has intent to engage in life, but he can't and never will unless he gets off the weed. I trapped about twenty cats he fed on his porch, with the minimum effort possible, tearing open a bag of cat food and throwing it down. It was too sad. He kept telling me he would return the "blessing" of all the free help I gave him, many fold. I'd hear him tell that to friends he was talking to on his cell phone too. He never did a damn thing in return. A blowhard, a talk man, not an action person. Full of hot air. He'd let Stinod, whom he called his favorite, suffer with that horrendous eye for six months, watched. Why? I think because he was so impaired on pot, nothing really registered. So Stinod now without one eye, and with limited Vision in the other, is here. And she has buddied up with Shady, the prankster from BS.

Is that enough cats to care for? I think it is. Plenty.

Electra, Miss Daisy, Vision, Dex, Comet, Cattyhop, Shady, Mooki, Brambles, Gretal, Poppy, Panda, Solomon, Stinod. 14 Cats.

Add in the latest I'm desperately trying to rehome: Robinhood, the Waverly duplex male. Atom and Last Kitten Standing, the gray feral boys from the Kitten Yard. The three Starvation Kids. And little Sammy, the pneumonia girl. That is seven more. 21 in all.

Consider I keep every cat here up to date on everything, even dentals. Then you know what kind of expense I look at. I'm lucky. The cats here are happy, content, play a lot, get along, because I don't tolerate malcontent or fighting. Fighting here is met with swift consequences. Everybody knows what happens when there is fighting. Time outs. Squirt bottles. And probably worse than all of those, shunning. I shun the fighters after some stern looks and words. I shun them. They even get shut out of the bedroom at night, where all the fun is, the laser pointer games right before I go to sleep, the grooming and flea combing. They don't like that and soon are doing everything they can to make sure I know they will not be fighting anymore.

21 cats here right now. Sammy won't last, once she's fixed. She's a lover girl and somebody will adopt her, I think. As for the Starvation Kids, who knows on them what their fate will be. Robinhood, he's a winner, if I can get someone interested in an adult male.

The wild cards are Atom and Last Kitten Standing.

I miss Sashi, but I am glad she got a home. I don't need more cats here.

I've had a lot through here. I remember the 16 orange tabbies from that one Lebanon situation. I had most of them in my bathroom for quite awhile! I remember the 16 cats abandoned up on the other side of Lebanon, in Ty Valley. That was stressful too, getting them all caught and into homes, within a week. The 18 kitten yard cats, too, all caught within a week. I had a lot of cats in my bathroom once again.

The seven Shedd kittens. The four kittens and their mom from Highway 34...the list goes on and on and on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...