Sunday, July 20, 2008

Still Seeking Outlet for Some Recreation

I'm still hoping the summer won't be entirely wasted, without any camping or fun. My brother keeps mentioning we should all go camping but I know that won't happen because I know. I did go over to Corvallis and had supper with cat people over there a couple weeks ago and that was enjoyable.

I quit the meetup hiking group. The group leader had said he planned easier hikes than the only one I went to, which was straight up for a good share of the hike. I had fallen way behind. They don't wait on slow people. They're all very much in shape. But subsequent planned hikes were even more straight up terrain, so I quit the group. I need a beginning get in shape type group.

When I lived in Corvallis, I got in shape in the spring by hiking up Bald Hill, sometimes five times a week. But I lived real closeby. There isn't such easy recreation access here in Albany. In fact, there's none to be had, unless you want to walk sidewalks.

I feel it, the isolation from nature, from the woods, being surrounded in concrete. I feel it. It's hard.

I hope to at least go camping once this summer, but I don't want to go alone. So far, I haven't found anyone to go with me.

I try not to become depressed living over here, being so isolated, but worse than isolation, I think, is the lack of recreational access and being totally seperated from nature and the out of doors. It's very depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...