Monday, June 16, 2008

Useless Hours at Crystal Lake

KATA asked if I could go to Corvallis, said there were kittens in a briar patch. However, the kittens had not been seen in two days and originally, there were 8 kittens, too many to be from one mother, and likely all were dumped. This is student dump your cat and kittens month.

I guess a cop took three of the eight kittens to Heartland and this woman who called KATA took three, one out of the briar patch and two of whom had run into a storm drain. She got public works to help her get them out, which was very cool. She showed me the two she had (she'd given one to a friend already) and they weren't feral at all, maybe 8 weeks old, and looked plump and fine. She told me the mother was a short hair tabby with white feet. But then, when I trapped a short hair tabby with white feet, she said that wasn't the mom.

Well it sure wasn't. It was a male. I don't know if there is a mom out there or not. She could have just seen this male and the kittens in the proximity of the male, assumed he was mom, but in reality, likely all the kittens were dumped by some asshole.

She had seen two more down in the briars, but not for two days. So, my guess is, either someone else took them, or a dog killed them, since there are zillions of free roaming dogs down there, or, if there is a mother, she moved them, although these are older kittens, not kittens a mother would likely move. I think they were all dumped. And feral mothers don't successfully raise 8 plump kittens.

I spent several hours with traps set here and there, running back and forth to check them, and to keep free roaming dogs from springing them.

I believe all are tabbies, although I saw only two. So, do you know someone who had kittens and now doesn't, but didn't give them away? Crystal Lake Boat Ramp is close to Heartland and if someone went to dump their kittens on Heartland and they weren't open or couldn't take them, because maybe they were Linn County kittens, that might be the person who dumped these kittens and if so, it's illegal and turn the mother fuckers in.

I gave up at 9:00 p.m. and that's when, after wasting the entire day there, after kittens who were no longer there, I headed clear out east of Albany, to that barn, to try to make sure the BS doesn't get out of control again, and that's when I found the kitten parts and this life sometimes sucks.

I came home to a spare bedroom full of shit from the coccidia kittens and I just want to cry.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, sometimes it just sucks. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just tired is all, Amy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...