Thursday, May 15, 2008

Seven Cats For Tomorrow

For tomorrow, I have seven cats lined up already. I went out again to the BS colony. I'd heard that at three neighbors down, that would be BS Overflow Overflow Overflow, or, for short, BSO3, two females and a male were being fed and the two females have two kittens, both girls, they are sharing. I'm done with BS proper,
BSO1 and BSO2. But, wouldn't you know it, BS03 has five unfixed cats.

I trapped three of them tonight--both mothers and Mr. Male. The kittens are only five weeks old.

Then I went on to Millersburg Country, intent on ending the goat farmer abandonee problem. I was after one particular gray tabby on white teen, a brown tabby teen and a two year old male. I trapped the brown tabby teen. I trapped the two year old male. And then I trapped an unknown unfixed black, likely a female and gave up for the night.

Besides that, the frustrating Front Street situation continues. It's frustating because the cats are fairly tame, but the caregivers can't get them into carriers. They've spooked them royal, by trying to manhandle them into carriers. They won't take any advice. Both husband and wife have been bitten, but they still wont' do it my way. Six have now been fixed, but there are still five needing fixed. All five are females.

But, the neighbor is caring for a stray left behind by some people when they were kicked out of their rental after a drug bust. They're gone and they left a cat, now being fed, but whether the cat is fixed or not, nobody knows. So she's going up. That makes seven, without the Front Street cats.

I have traps loaned out and I'm not hearing back from the loanees, like the woman in Turner, who isn't returning my phone call about returning my trap. Has me worried.

I don't have many traps anymore. I loaned one to my brother because he wanted to catch a big male, then I never got that trap back. I had borrowed some long term from the Corvallis FCCO but they are now back with the coordinator. So I have very few traps at my disposal and when someone borrows one and doesn't return it promptly, it's harder on me, to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...