Friday, May 30, 2008

Afternoon Nap Improves Attitude

I'm feeling much better after napping several hours this afternoon. Was worn out. I also mowed and raked my lawn, with my whirly blade muscle powered. Using that is so much easier, I would imagine, than maintaining and gassing and firing up a gas powered noisy belching mower. The old man next door has a machine for every job and he loves using them. That's him, not me. I can roll mine out of the garage and be done, without muss or fuss in a matter of minutes.

The people with whom I had a tiff apologized yesterday after I also apologized. They said they'd done the best they could with that cage. I know they did. Life isn't perfect and people do the best they can, sometimes at least. The really horrible thought about her being in that cage is they believe the third kitten was killed by a raccoon after the coon pulled the poor kitten through the mesh of the trap. They had the cage in the barn. Try to sleep on that one. That is why the mother cat was ballistic and ultra traumatized.

I am pushing the kittens here to beat the band, even though none are anywhere close yet to adoptible age. Maybe if I start early with getting people interested, that will help. The three little boys from the Poohcow black mom are intrepid. They think I'm mom because their own black mom prefers now, the brown tabby gang, the older kittens, who have taken to her. The three little boys, only three weeks, now cry for me and come running to me for food. They're something else. Two blacks and one smoke.

The brown tabby gang of four are shy. I hope to win them over quickly. Since black mom is a lousy mom and producing almost zero milk, she's going home tomorrow.

The three SafeHaven fosters are tame and really sweet now. Hissy, Spits and Scrappy. They, however, must return to Savehaven for adoption, once 8 weeks and two pounds. HOwever, as a condition of fostering, I told them I won't return them for adoption until they are fixed. This is because SafeHaven adopts out kittens unfixed, exasperating me and worsening the cat problem in Linn County. They have agreed to pay for them to be fixed.

The Wrecking yard mom's kittens are now wanting to exit the rabbit hutch and run around. Since it is on a desk in my spare bedroom, I have to move it lower, so they don't fall out. The mom has been coming and going from the hutch for several days. Of course she needs time off from her kittens. She's a really great mom to them. They are healthy and adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...