Friday, April 25, 2008

Glorious Day

Sunshine!!!!!!!!

In Oregon!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo!!!!!!!!


In other news, seven more cats were fixed today. All seven were, yes, you guessed it, orange tabbies. Six of the orangies came from the Lebanon situation. Two of these were females and both were pregnant. The seventh orange tabby was also a female, although she came from Heatherdale Trailer Park. Although just a teen, she too was pregnant.

In all, my friend and I removed 16 orange tabbies from that Lebanon barn, from Wednesday through today. And, already, 11 of the 16 have been fixed. Four of the other five are kittens too young still to be fixed. All four of the kittens are orange tabbies, three of them girls, and all are spoken for.

Two of the adult males, Flash and Cody, are now at SafeHaven awaiting homes. THANK YOU Safehaven. The mother of the kittens, after her spay, went to the home who is fostering the kittens. They are keeping her.

That leaves me with nine orange tabbies to place. Well, that's better than 16.

When I took the two orange boys to SafeHaven, I saw two other cats I knew there. One is from Red Linda colony. The little brown tabby tux female, that I took in for spay, and returned to the woman, was hit on the road last week. The force detached a rear leg, which her owner later found in the middle of the road. The cat survived. She took the cat to her own vet and said she couldn't take care of her. The vet cleaned up that amputated leg and she is now at SafeHaven awaiting a home. She is a tripod now.

The other cat I knew there?---the little torti teen, spayed last week, from downtown Albany. She'd been abandoned. Fortunately, she wandered into good hands. The office manager at a nonprofit for low income housing, run by City Council woman Sharon Konopa, took her into the office and Sharon contacted me about getting her fixed immediately. I took her in, got her fixed and the office manager kept her a few days after surgery. I didn't know the cat would be at SafeHaven today. I knew they needed to find her a home.

It was nice to see both cats and that they're doing ok.

Stop by SafeHaven. Look for the beautiful torti teen, the tripod and two gorgoues orange boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...