Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Forever the Tooth

I do have health insurance, but doctors and dentists don't like my health insurance. Consequently, getting a painful tooth pulled has made me understand the frustration so many folks go through every single day, who have no insurance, and big pain. Getting my painful tooth pulled has required endurance, a tolerance for pain, that is sometimes shrieking, and realization that I am low on the totem pole of society. But I'm not as low as some, who could never get a painful tooth pulled, without doing it themselves or bribing a friend.

I tried to get referred elsewhere, rather than wait til mid May, but there are very few dentists who take my plan, under OHP. Almost none, in fact. I thought I was having a breakthrough yesterday, when a dental office in Salem, returned a message I left, after my insurance company said they take my insurance and gave me their number.

They actually called back, but I was gone, and left a message. The message stated their office would be open today, if I called back, which I did. There was just the message machine again. I left another message, which has not been returned.

I surmise I'll have to wait until mid May after all.

I've got another health issue that has arisen. It's been going on for over a year. The doctor says nothing is wrong, but I"m in pain from this every day and have constant abnormal symptoms. I won't go into detail. I don't know what to do anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...