Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sun Activity. Global Cooling Coming?

I followed some links on a post from a Corvallis blogger and read there is some concern the sun may not be starting a new cycle in timely fashion. If the sun shuts down, we could go into a period such as occurred in the 1600's, the article stated, with high snowfall and, extreme cold, especially in the northern hemisphere.

I haven't gotten much into the climate thing because I don't know anything about it. I know the weather seems to be changing. I can see it in kitten reproduction. When you have ferals giving birth in January, that's a change.

If sun activity decreases, the affects take awhile to get to Earth. I don't know how fast heat radiation travels. Maybe then, if cooling occurs, we will be encouraged to drive more.

Well I don't know much about it, really. I see the Earth as a big house. Heat comes in. When it's cold, you want to keep that heat in. If it's too hot, you want it to get out and dissipate.

Too bad we couldn't have a way to open an Earth window, to let heat out of our atmosphere when need be, and close it up if its too cold to keep it in so we could maintain our planet's temp at "just right".

I bet scientists would scoff at such a simplistic view. Scoff away.

1 comment:

  1. I still don't understand why they call them "weathermen" when they can't control the weather.

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...