Monday, February 25, 2008

Searing Pain

I am in severe pain. My back has been very bad for awhile, since finishing that darn cat run myself. It really never got much better. Then my neck began to hurt, too, periodically, but after picking up cat litter last night at Winco, my life deteriorated into a nightmare of pain again.

I use wood pellet fuel for cat litter. The bags are unweildy and weigh 40 pounds each. I bought seven of them. After loading them into the grocery cart at Winco, then getting them out and into the car, I was not able to unload them last night. I woke up with my right arm numb and pain up the side of my neck. My teeth on my right side hurt, too.

But those bags had to come out of my car this morning. I then left to pick up the cat trapped in south town last night. When picking that cat up, I called the Whitey2 neighbor to see if she'd trapped either of their two. She hadn't but did set the trap. Twenty minutes later she called me at the location where I had picked up the south town cat to say she had both caught. So I drove over.

By the time I got there I was in such extreme pain I didn't know if I could get out of my car or talk to the woman. I carried the first cat in the trap to the car. I asked the woman for a bag of ice and told her I was in searing pain. She still wanted to discuss whether or not I would tame the one male cat for them. I said I was in too much pain to really even carry on a conversation. It was really rather awkward and difficult. NO empathy whatsoever for me.

I got the second cat and came home with the ice bag tied to my face and neck with bungee cords. I get home there's a phone call from a Jefferson woman about the cats her elderly parents feed. I'd already gone over every option with her sister and now, to have to deal with another sister, for gosh sakes.

What they want is for me to trap the cats for them to kill or have killed. I couldn't be outraged enough. My phone message clearly states I do not trap for people who don't want the cats back, but they're special, you see, and I should trap them for them for free to be killed, because they can't figure out any other option, and don't want to put any money or effort into it either. I told them all the options, twice now.

I told them they could get them fixed and return them and feed them. Best option. I told them they could trap them, get them fixed, and then find barn homes for them. Second best option. I said the only other option is to kill them and I won't participate in such an endeavor because I'm a volunteer, a volunteer who loves cats.

They didn't care, you see. They want their needs met and they don't give a shit about the cats or a stupid volunteer, if they can work a way to abuse this volunteer into doing something they want done.

They don't want to pay for the fixes. If the fixes are free, they still don't want them back. They don't want to try to find barn homes for them.

My concern is they are going to trap them and dump them on somebody else. I warned them about such a thing. Finally, when she just wouldn't let up about me trapping them for them to do away with them, I told her the conversation was over.

So I'm shutting down. I'm in severe pain. I have to find some other way to get those heavy awkward wood pellet fuel bags here and unloaded because my spine won't handle it. I have all the cats I need for fixing on Wednesday and I am doing nothing, I tell you, nothing, until then. My phone is going into the off mode. I need to heal.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you could use the services of a chiropractic doctor. It might be tough to get an appointment but I recommend David Lawrence on Western and 15th. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks tkn. I could use something, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon Strayer. I will purrr for you and light a candle tonight in the hopes that Bastet will make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...