Friday, February 22, 2008

And Six More Fixed Today.

Two females, both pregnant, from Whitey2, and four males were fixed today, all thanks to me, yup little ol me, and to the wonderful wondrous super heroes of Poppa Inc. Boy, does the mid valley ever owe Poppa Inc.

So anyhow, five of the cats, including the two preggies were from the Corvallis Whitey2 colony. And one was a feral gray tab on white male from HTN. Not HTN proper. But a few houses up towards Knox Butte. Two old ladies feeding a couple of strays. The gray and white male fixed Wednesday was also fed by the old ladies. And now the gray tab on white male, neutered finely. They also feed a black tux medium hair female, whom I have yet to catch.

Across the road at HTN, were some unfixed owned cats that I inadvertantly caught in my traps when trapping strays. I released them, then I went and talked to the people. So all four owned unfixers are going up with me to Tigard tomorrow to be fixed. Man, that's like a hundred, or maybe a million cats, fixed on just two little very short streets in Albany, OR.

You see here, we got a little problem going on in Albany. It's called irresponsible pet ownership. Oh yeah, when I'm tired, I call it something much worse. I say to my cats, "Well we live in Sodom and Gomorrah here. Everybody out for themselves and feeding their own private addictions and hell be it to anything alive caught in the path of feeding the addictions of Linn County." That's what I say when I'm really fed up and worn out.

So anyhow, I really made the Tigard appointments to take care of the neighbor of the Lovable Alcoholics. But then, when I was supposed to pick up her cats this evening, she wasn't even home. The woman who answered the phone said she was seeing the "heat" people about her bill. I said "The heat people closed up shop and went home over an hour ago." She said "Oh".

When I called back later, unhappy for obvious reasons, the woman answering the phone said another friend of theirs was trying to find the woman with hordes of unfixed cats, at one or another friends place, if she could remember the phone numbers involved.

And way later on, the Lebanon woman herself called, with what sounded like a damn made up excuse. She said, not knowing I knew otherwise, some relative had surgery and she was off visiting the relative. Hmmmmmm. Ya mean you weren't at the "heat people" or house hopping with friends? I told her it was way too late, that we arranged this and I got appointments clear in Portland to help her out and what the fuck, man. She takes off? I mean, what the fuck. So I told her "too bad".

And it is too bad. Free fixes. Pre-arranged. Stupid volunteer taking her cats to be fixed at the expense of someone else entirely. All she has to do is be at her place with her cats ready. And the dumbshit can't even be there when she says she'll be there, so her cats can be picked up, in Lebanon, by the stupid shithead volunteer to be fixed at no cost to her, with the bill being paid by the hard work of volunteers she doesn't know and never will, because she will never rub shoulders with the type of person who possesses the moral fortitude and character of the volunteers of Poppa Inc.

This is why Linn County has a cat problem.

So, I collected the four tame owned cats along the HTN street. Two of the caretakers donated ten bucks towards the fixes of their own cats. One, with two cats, didn't donate a dime. I asked him to, but he just went right back into his house and closed the door on me. And those two cats free roam. I have to get them fixed or HTN will just continue endlessly. Right and wrong are not well defined in Linn County minds.

I am not of Linn County and I never will be. I am from a different planet than the people who have called Linn County home forever. An entirely different planet.

To collect four more cats, since I had 8 reservations for the absentee Lebanonite, I took four of five needing fixed down along Old Salem, the never ending gates of hell for felines, kids and most folk honest, also known as Felony Flats.

These were nice folks feeding strays and I loved them instantly. They had them ready within moments after I called, after a KATA referral. Not much like that Lebanonite.

Off I go in the morning, with 8 more cats, from hell on Earth--Linn County--get yourself a case of Busch Lite and that's all you'll need, to fit here. You won't need ethics, responsibility, kindness, nothing much at all, but that nightly case of Busch lite and you'll be one of the blessed saved souls of Linn County.

I'm going to hell you know. I don't go to these churches here and I don't drink Busch Lite and I care about all the wrong things I'm told and so be it. I'll laugh all the way down into the light, with the cats and the strays.

I'm not from here. Don't say I am. I am not from here.

But....but, I do love these people I meet here. All of them. I can't help it. They're lovable. I'm just so weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...