Monday, January 28, 2008

Messed Up Weather

I need to get cats up to Jefferson this morning but the ODOT road report shows a crash on I5 just north of Albany and another just north of Commercial Street near Salem. The roads are pure ice. I don't know if I can get to the vet clinic. I will assume the route I take generally to be extremely hazardous driving. Wish I knew someone with four wheel drive, although I don't think four wheel drive does much to help traction on ice. Wish I knew someone with studded tires.

I can afford to wait another 40 minutes before heading out, at least.

Yesterday's clinic problems are now just a haze to me, except for having these seven unfixed cats to deal with, and now, 14 more I'm not sure I can return, due to hazardous roads. The old man, who feeds 18 of the cats I have in hand, six of whom didn't get fixed yet, lives at an elevation, southeast of Salem. I'm kind of worried about how I'll get them back.

I called people last night whose cats I was to pick up today and take to be fixed and cancelled with them, thinking I'd get at least four of these females, not fixed yesterday, done today. Good thing I did anyhow now, due to the bad weather conditions. As for the other three, I'll have to set them up in rabbit hutches for awhile. But now I don't think I can even get four up there, due to iced up roads, with more snow predicted.

I buried Scully last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...