Thursday, December 06, 2007

Alone Again

I think I've lost my one fostering volunteer. She fostered two kittens, who finally got homes, and now isn't wanting to do that anymore. Kind of dismal, in a way. It is tough to find volunteers to help do what I do. Lot's of people think they want to help, but then find out how hard it is. It isn't an easy thing, fostering rescued cats or kittens. It's emotionally intense and physically demanding.

I still hope to find volunteers, however. This is the reason I've not considered seriously yet going nonprofit. It would just be more work for me, the one reliable volunteer I have. Plus, you have to have three people for a board.

I don't know what the answer is for me, to reduce my workload to a manageable level, to get needed supplies for rescue, like worm meds, vaccines, antibiotics, etc, share the burden, you know.

A Sodaville woman had contacted me about cats on her property. One was pregnant. She wanted them gone, but then said help with getting them fixed would be great. I gave her two spots for today, including for the preggie to be fixed. I gave her my e-mail address. This is an educated Linn County person.

Last night she called to say she was giving away the pregnant cat and would not be taking her to Countryside tomorrow for spay. I had explained to her how I only get a few reservations each week and was giving her two for today. Despite that, she screwed me over, by not informing me until late yesterday, too late to find more cats to fill the void she created in my reservations, that she wasn't going to get that preggie fixed, but rather give it away unfixed.

I told her "the last thing Linn County needs is more cats. Will this cat be fixed?" She said she'd contact SafeHaven about a voucher for the woman adopting the preggie. Yeah right, like that will happen in time, and, if a cat is pregnant, the voucher recipient must pay the extra costs involved. She wanted to get rid of the cats, found someone to take a couple, so I think she feels, "no longer my problem" and she messes me up, without apology, for the reservations I made. This is typcial Linn County behavior.

She wanted me to still help her trap and fix the two shy ones. I gave her Spay Inc's number. I'm not dealing with someone so willing to screw me over by wasting the two appointments, and then has the gall to still want me to help her later on. That's a self centered person who does that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...