Friday, September 28, 2007

Six Hate Thy Neighbor Colony Cats Fixed Today

Six more cats from the Street of Nightmares colony, a.k.a. Hate Thy Neighbor colony, were fixed today. Four of the six were females. The caretaker trapped the cats. This is a good thing.

After taking the cats to the vet this morning, I took the three kittens from Hate Thy Neighbor, down to Eugene, to the workplace of the Oakridge friend who agreed to foster them. Yahoo!

I came home and made two feral housing units for Hate Thy Neighbor Colony, after seeing the shivering kittens and wet cats there the night before. I delivered them to the colony after picking up the cats from the vet. At this time, I also found another little lost white and black kitten, roaming around, freezing and starving. I stuffed the kitten into my jacket and brought him/her home. He's in the cage on the heating pad, after eating supper, alone, and very sleepy. Wish I'd found that kitten before taking his siblings down to Eugene. I'd have takent this one, too.

So, six cats fixed from Hate Thy Neighbor, three kittens taken to permanent foster, and another found wandering in the grass out there. By permanent foster I mean that person will take responsibility for caring for the kittens, getting them fixed and adopting them out, too. Exactly the type of foster person who makes my heart sing!

Below are photos of five of the six fixed today:



Big adult torti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...