Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Drop Trapping Feral Cats for TNR (trap/neuter/return) Video

I didn't do a great job with my digital still camera on the video setting tonight. In my defense (over poor video quality)---it's a bit of a challenge to try to take a video with a digital still camera while also transferring wild cats out of a drop trap to live traps. I trapped five more tonight, at the colony in Corvallis, nine altogether so far, in two days. There are three adults to go, two of whom are males and one a female with newborn kittens. There are asundry teens and kittens also to catch.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, I'm very impressed with your photographic skills under the circumstances. That is great work you are doing.
    My neighbors and I discussed it and decided we are going to trap the 5 or 6 males here and get them fixed first, then work slowly on the remaining kittens and mama cats.
    Someone told me the SPCA will neuter them free if brought in a cage, I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, MaryLynn. GREAT news. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...