Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Monster Male from Albany Homeless Camps


Monster Man, from the Albany Homeless Camps, probably weighs 15 pounds or more, missing most of right ear, from excessive fighting and being tested today, prior to his neuter, for FIV.

He likely will be positive and if so, he will be euthanized. I'm hoping he is not, because I have a place for him (his name is Boots), Jefferson, the orange male, and Claws, the black and white male, to go to, as an outside well fed, well housed home, if they are negative and neutered.

I don't have to test any other males if he is negative because this guy has fought every male over one years old out there. If he is negative, they're all negative. If he's positive, any male over two is going to be positive. Under two, and it'll be a maybe, maybe not.

I'm paying for his test, on a credit card. I am still waiting for the City of Albany to come through on the promised funds.

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I think this is so wrong.
    Even if positive for FIV, he's clearly healthy, and could remain so for a long while.
    Why don't you take the likely-positives to Jefferson, and release him?
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Jefferson? Jefferson? I don't know any colonies in Jefferson or anyone who feeds in Jefferson. I only euthanize really sick FIV positive males. And I only test males I'm going to be placing, so people know and can watch out for them. If a cat is aggressive and released, not contained inside a house, that cat will spread the disease to other cats.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...