Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy has Ringworm

My neighbor had taken Happy to the vet. He has some ringworm spots. Not much, but in a couple of places. She said she came to tell me so I'd know. But then she complained he sneezes sometimes and I felt she was mad at me, or trying to make me feel bad.



I told her she could bring him back over. I told her I"d bathe him twice weekly, which is what the vet told her to do, if that would help. Finally, I was very depressed when she kept on, and told her I can't guarantee a perfect kitten. She's had him since the day Heartland told me to come get him, which was a couple weeks ago at least. She took him home with her in her arms that day. I had told her Heartland said he had been exposed to ringworm. I didn't really believe them, but it might have been true. Not sure if it was from there, because it's been awhile and he's just now showing in two spots. I immediately had bathed the two boys, once here, in anti fungal shampoo. But they showed absolutely no sign of it.



Depressed after she left, with her also telling me I should go give out cats from a box in front of Safeway, to get rid of some of them here, I went over the other kittens here with a black lite and found not a single glow of green on them. I hope I didn't miss anything.



Ringworm is extremely common in Oregon and is most common in spring and fall.



Kittens have no immune system to fight off the spores and so if a spore lands on the right spot, or they step in moldy spores then scratch themselves, they get ringworm.



Immune depression from stress, only aids the process along.



I feel depressed I think because of lonliness and because I am not having much luck finding homes for kittens/cats and because people are so mean to me and so demanding of me. I just want to be around people who are nice once in awhile. I don't want to be yelled at and blamed all the time.



I am bummed out living here, amidst all the animal neglect abandonment and cruelty and it is not easy to try to help and thus expose myself to all these horrors day in and day out. It further does not help that i have no one to talk to, to do things with, to be around who is positive or who wants to go have some fun, to blow off steams.



This is harder than most people could imagine.



Happy will defeat the spores of ringworm. He's had a very stressful couple of months. He and two other kittens were in a hot cage the size of a large carrier for a month at the shelter. That's stress on a kitten, big time. He'll get over his fungus issue and it really isn't a big deal at all.



In the meantime, I tossed all my carpeted cat furniture, as an over reaction. They're crap anyhow, torn up, shredded and ugly.



This winter, maybe I'll find time to build some new ones.



I made the mistake of mentioning the backyard tree issue to the old man. I did so after asking if he had a chainsaw. I had hoped to borrow it. Then I quickly realized what a mistake that was, as he likes to take over such things, and would have seriously injured himself, me or crashed the tree limbs onto other people's houses.



He wanted to see the problem tree today, so I showed it to him. He decided quickly on his own he could not do that. I was so happy. I didn't want to argue with him.



He won't loan me his chain saw, however.



It's back to me, a hand saw, and a Sawzall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...