Friday, June 04, 2010

Lebanon Man Calls me a "Flag Happy Cat Geek"?

I contacted this Lebanon person, who posted the ad below, from a different of his ads, offering help getting any mom cats fixed. In fact, he said he has three unfixed mom cats. He declined help, but then reposted his free kitten ad, with the following, and I think he's referring to me but I'm not positive:



Call me for a cool cat!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-06-03, 8:25PM PDT
Reply to: comm-jpxwm-1774326179@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


3 kittens for a small(10 dollars) rehoming and adopton fee.Call me ,quick,because the do good flag happy cat geek is all over these adds!Peace! 541 990 4686


I sent him an e-mail and asked if he is referring to me. I told him overpopulation is no laughing matter and that being kind and responsible, by fixing one's cats, is a good thing, not something to be ridiculed.

Here is my response, posted on craigslist Corvallis/Albany pets. It likely will be flagged quickly.

Re: Flag happy Cat Geek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-06-04, 9:40AM PDT
Reply to: comm-mjcnj-1775002711@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The man posting free kittens ads, referring to the flag happy cat geek, might be referring to me. I don't flag. I don't mind being called names, if he is. I am often called names. I did contact him offering to get his mom cats fixed. The reasons I do that are to try to stop overpopulation horrors, not for any other reason. Not far from where this person lives, I've taken in 16 adults to be fixed, from a trailer park, and netted two little kittens, living in the poop encrusted corner of an old woman's bedroom. They went to a foster shelter in West Linn, where the calico kitten is fighting for her life and may have leukemia, which is spread by breeding and fighting. There are many more unfixed cats at that same Lebanon trailer park.

Not far from that trailer park, last week, I got 20 adult cats fixed and dug 18 kittens out of various locations from an old rotted pallet in a field to hidden spots in a nonfunctioning car. One died, from laying in water for a day. I had 17 kittens in my bathroom, many with kitty colds, which was overwhelming and finally others, in Portland, stepped in to help. That's 38 cats and kittens from one situation in one week. I use funds from a Beaverton nonprofit, to get all these cats fixed and donations to Poppa Inc. are very much needed since almost all their funds now go to this area. (Donate at www.poppainc.org and if you do, THANK YOU) In addition, the vet where I take the cats to be fixed, requires the cats be flea treated. I have to come up with the money myself to cover Advantage. I also worm the cats. This is difficult on my tiny income. I do love cats and want to make a difference for them.

Overpopulation really isn't funny at all. It's horrible. Am I a cat geek? I don't know. I am a geek probably. I love reading and learning. I also like action. But, the man who posted, responded to say he wasn't referring to me, if I'm not the one flagging, which I'm not. Yay on that.


The guy says he's not referring to me as the flag happy cat geek. I have my doubts, since we corresponded about fixing the cats, but I'll take his word on it. And I don't really care if he is.

5 comments:

  1. what a wierdo. there's a screw loose there. why waste time adding that dumb line. wish he didn't have cats that needed homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's being silly, actually, not mean spirited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you it wasnt me.now fuck off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should, Mr. Joey. And fix your cats, for gosh sakes. As I told you by e-mail, being kind and responsilbe is a great thing, not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think, if you think overpopulation is not a problem, if you think 'who cares if people fix their cats or not, and only weird people try to solve the problem', maybe you could volunteer with one of the groups in this area trying very hard, despite no money and few willing volunteers, to help the cats of the mid valley. KATA in Sweet Home. Spay Inc. in Brownsville. These people will tell similar horror stories of animal neglect and abuse and overpopulation horrors.

    For some reason, the truth is not acceptable, we're supposed to keep it to ourselves. Likewise, it is unacceptable in a politically correct age, to tell people they are behaving like irresponsibe selfish asses. Even when they are.

    A volunteer with a cat rescue nonprofit in this area once told me they picked some peoples cats up to be fixed. The woman would not get off her couch to get her cats into a carrier, so the volunteers had to chase them down inside her house. She began calling in the afternoon, demanding to know why her cat wasn't back yet, from being fixed and transported for free. The volunteer joked the woman probably wanted her to also pick up a case of beer and a carton of cigarettes to deliver to her. Why do so many people across the state take other people's cats in to be fixed, regardless of the abusive lazy people who should do it themselves? To stop the suffering, that's why. And because such people won't get off their butts and do it. Sure, they should, but they don't and won't. There are people who can't afford to get it done, can't trasnport them and they are a joy to help usually and contribute what they can.

    It's a job that needs doing, and it would be great if those doing it were paid to do it. It would be great. If you'd said you needed help getting your females fixed, they would have been fixed for you.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...