Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Heart is With Iran's Demonstrators

The people of Iran want out from under the reign of religious fanatacism. The women want to be treated as human beings, not property. The young people are fighting for a future free of religious tyranny and the domination of an insane man.

My heart is with all of these brave people.

My heart is with the poverty stricken starving masses in N. Korea, also. They too are virtual slaves to crazy egotistic power hungry leaders and military leaders who lack basic morality or compassion for their own people.

Power crazed nutcases should be committed and should not lead nations. Never.

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you Jody - just noticed this post now (I am in one of those down days - what I get for going to a sad memorial that reminds me I am a member of a minority whose ancestors have not always had it the best be they Jewish or Irish but there is hope somehow in knowing they persevered through it all!).

    I have watched videos on Al Jazeera and I may be Jewish and even a Zionist but I have to admit they do an excellent and very objective job of reporting the news. Plus, contrary to belief, not all Muslims are terrorists- many , women especially, want to get out from the under those horrible regimes. You never hear on our North American networks for ex, how many Palestinians want to live in Israel because it is the only democratic state in the middle east. I just can't help wonder why the oil rich Arab countries do not help them more - they used them long before the Zionists came (circa 1920s) and they still are - it serves the purpose of rich old men old have 50 wives and live in gold palaces to have a poor suffering mass they can point to.

    Good for these protesters. They are mostly young and well educated and smart. And by well educated, I do not just mean formal education, I have met some people who are physicians or have PhD's who are dumb as doornails and some who never had the opportunity to see a university!

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...