Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Returned Cats

I took back the four boys and the girl to the trailer lady this morning. She is relieved that there will be no more reproducing there, at least, she said, until the next cat is abandoned in the area. I told her I'd try to get back soon to catch that fourth black tux male, but that my knee is on the fritz again, so I have to take it easy awhile.

It is rewarding, in the end, to see a situation resolved to the content of all involved. I know KATA took on a huge burden, however, with 11 kittens and one adult from there. It isn't cheap to take on kittens. There's feeding them, litter, vaccinations, worming, flea treatment, testing and spay/neuter, and ultimately, finding them homes. The costs per cat can get rather high. I could never have done this for these kittens.

I have no luck adopting out cats anymore at all and am down to a bare bones budget so that I can keep the ones here healthy and up to date on everything, until maybe one day I will get some adoptions. I keep trying. About all I can do.

Right now I have to figure out what is wrong with my knee and try to get it better, or I am going to end up on crutches or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...