Friday, May 22, 2009

Craziness!

I was notified by the City Council last night, there was $4000 left in a grant designated for Poppa's use that we had not known about, but it had to be billed for immediately, retroactively attached to the cat grant of last year.

So I have been going all my records from when Poppa had been notified the funds were used up, last October, until present, to seperate out all cats fixed using Poppa funds from city limits of Albany out of my records and create a new one with that data to send to Poppa. Had to be done this morning! I just finished the records and sent them off. Whew! Had to run out in my car too and get specific addresses, like at that trailer park on Salem Road.

When going to get that address I almost hit that limping Lynx Point on Salem Road. I stopped and tried to catch him briefly but he ran on through a mans' yard. I knocked on the door of the house and the man said the neighbor behind him sometimes feeds that Lynx Point.

So I went around to that house and sure enough, to my suprise, ran into the Siamese from the trailer park, the female, fixed a week ago, there, on a porch two blocks away! Anyhow, I left them a note.

An old woman at Heatherdale trapped a male and yes I'm not happy about it, because my vet is closed for the long weekend and she should have called before trapping, for gosh sakes.

So I went over and got the Heatherdale cat, feared for its safety in the trap. And I asked the old woman why in the world she would set a trap without calling me first to see if I had appointments. She went off on some rant, then told me she wanted the cat killed, then told me, when I refused, outraged, to let it loose somewhere else. I won't, of course. Mean old lady. I ended up taking it all the way up to Wilsonville, to find a vet who would fix the cat who was badly beaten up.

I think it's going to be a quick wait there, because they're going to do him right away, and it's just a neuter, but then they discovered he was a double crypt. Some vet had fixed him, at some point, because he had a belly scar, but only taken the time to find one of the "lost" testicles, so his penis was still horned and he was still fighting. His ears are full of earmites, but he isn't feral and god damn that trailer park.

The vet said he'd like to slap people who behave like that towards their cat, not even treat his earmites and leave him behind. I would, too. Somebody died in that trailer park last night, according to the old lady---overdosed on drugs.

I get home and I want to complain to somebody or just talk to somebody that isn't nuts. I try calling my brothers' workplace. He went camping! I'm happy he did, but did it hurt that he did not invite me? Hell yes, it hurt bad. I don't have anybody to do anything with. In the end, you're just left with family.

I need to accept it and try to live with this fact, but boy, does it ever hurt. I left him a rather selfish message on his cell phone "Hey, I heard you're out camping. I would have loved to have come along."

He later called back, said he dropped the ball on not inviting me, that maybe we'd go camping sometime later in the summer. I know it won't happen, but it was nice of him to say that. He has his own family and friends. That's his life. It's not connected to mine at all. I'm just lonely is all.

I'm just stressed, from this day--trying to go through months of records quickly, to get them in, then the call from the Heatherdale woman, going all the way up to Wilsonville, sitting around waiting in my car for several hours, just kind of stressful is all. I didn't know all day up there, if I'd done the records right, so it could be processed through Poppa and a bill sent to Albany on time. But, I get home and check my e-mail, and Beccy got it all done up there and sent out. So it all worked out in the clinch of things.

I discovered where the limping Lynx Point hangs out too, and they're going to try to trap him. It's the boyfriend's place of the woman on whose porch I saw the other Siamese this a.m., after nearly running into the limping Lynx Point on Salem Road. She has another injured Siamese she is feeding on her porch and for awhile, we tried to figure out if I was talking about the same cat she was. She sent me a photo and it's a different male and he is limping on a back leg. If both survive til next week both will be neutered next week.

It's hard on the males out there, if they're not fixed, this time of year. Fighting and fighting wounds. Horrible life threatening absesses. Crossing roads hormone blind in front of cars. And the ever present threat of contracting FIV, since so many people do not fix their males and because FIV is primarily spread through fighting. If that Lynx Point lives through the weekend, that'll be something.

I was also called by one of the houses I've trapped for on Conser. Kittens in the garage, black female mother. Last year, a female had four black kittens. I trapped one of them with his mother. That one was a boy. The woman later told me the other three were killed by the neighbors dogs. Apparently not all of them! They wanted to know what to do and said the kittens were only about a week old.

I said they could rabbit hutch the mom and her kittens until they are four to five weeks of age, then get her fixed and release her, and socialize the kittens another month inside, and get them fixed and find them homes. Then at least they wouldn't have to worry about her moving them under the house, where they might not see them until they're much much older.

They decided on option number one. But I have to find time to go catch her. There are a dozen fixed cats still there too, many of them black, and, I'd like to catch any other uneartipped black cats while I'm at it, because if two of those kittens survived, maybe really four survived. So that means waiting until Tuesday of next week. Hope she does not move them before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...